Comparison Between TVS Jupiter and Honda Activa-i

Category: Two wheelers 1 53

Comparison Between TVS Jupiter and Honda Activa-i

TVS Jupiter Vs Honda Activa-i

TVS Jupiter is the  recently launched 110cc scooter from TVS Motor Company (TVSM)  priced at Rs.44,200 ex-showroom Delhi. One of the main rival of this scooter is Honda Activa-i. This model is said to be one of the cheapest model scooter of Honda with a price tag of Rs. 42, 200/- in ex showroom, Delhi. TVS Jupiter available in Pristine White, Midnight Black, Titanium Grey and Volcano Red color shades. Both these scooters are launched in single variant. The Honda activa-i available in Alpha Red Metallic, Purple Metallic, Pearl Sunbeam White, Beige Metallic colors.

Engine Performance and Mileage

TVS Jupiter powered by the 109 cc single cylinder OHC engine. Honda activa-i is powered by 109.2cc 4-stroke, air cooled engine.  TVS Jupiter capable to make 8 Bhp @ 7500 rpm power and 8 Nm @ 5500 rpm torque on ride. Honda activa i capable of producing power of 8.15PS @ 7,500rpm and torque  of 8.74Nm @ 5,500rpm to the wheels on ride. Both offers good mileage on ride around 60-62kmpl.

Safety and Comfort Features

Combi Brake System (CBS) used in the Honda activa-i model is really good. TVS Jupiter has a single variant and available in 4 shades.  The new Honda Activa-i also comes with features like tubeless tyres, maintenance free battery and viscous air filter, 18-litre under seat storage capacity and  165mm ground clearance etc. Hot features of TVS Jupiter are pass lights, Tubeless, 12-inch alloys finished in black,  LED tail light, Unique pass-by switch, external fuel filler cap at rear etc.

An ergonomic grab rail fitted in the new activa-i model with a focus to women for easy standing. The Activa-i measures 1795.00 mm x 705.00 mm x 1115.00 mm dimensions. The Econometer fitted in jupiter specially for best fuel economy. The Jupiter measures 1834.00 mm x 650.00 mm x 1115.00 mm dimensions. Largest leg-space of 1275m, Largest 17 litres under-seat storage, Kick-start and  electric start, mobile charger, Viscous paper filter are other features of Jupiter.

Full Technical Specification Comparison Between TVS Jupiter and Honda Activa-i

Stand alarm No No
Alloy Wheels Yes Yes
Headlamps 35W/35W 35/35W
Fuel tank 5.30 ltrs 5.3 litre
Weight 108kg 103kg
Ground Clearance 150.00 mm 165.00 mm
Dimensions (Length x Width x Height) 1834.00 mm x 650.00 mm x 1115.00 mm 1795.00 mm x 705.00 mm x 1115.00 mm
   Comfort and Safety features Suspension front Telescopic Spring loaded hydraulic
Suspension rear Hydraulic Damper Spring loaded hydraulic
Foot rest Yes Yes
Self start Yes Yes
Brakes(front) 130mm Drum Drum 130 mm
Breaks (rear) 130mm Drum Combi Drum 130 mm
Tubeless Tyres Yes Yes
Pass light Yes No
speedometer Analogue Analogue
Wheel Size 90/90-12mm 90/100- 10 53J mm
Fuel gauge Analogue Analogue
Low  oil/fuel /battery indicator Yes Low  oil/fuel indicator only
Colors Pristine White, Midnight Black, Titanium Grey and Volcano Red Yes Alpha Red Metallic, Purple Metallic, Pearl Sunbeam White, Beige Metallic

TVS Jupiter and Honda Activa-i Price in India

Name of Variant

Price (Ex-showroom, Delhi)

Honda activa-i Rs. 44,250/-
TVS Jupiter Rs. 44,200/-

Related Articles

53 thoughts on “Comparison Between TVS Jupiter and Honda Activa-i

1. Kiz

Just checked in website. Honda Activa – i’s price is Rs 44250 Ex-showroom Delhi. Jupiter is lesser priced than Activa – i !

2. Alok

Jupiter also has external fuel filling facility just like motorbikes. To add further it has the least turning radius. It is the best scooter I have ever drove on Indian roads.

3. Milind Nimgulkar

Guys, I am just confused which one should I buy? Want to gift it to my wife on coming Diwali

1. Rajesh

Hi
      if it’s for your wife then go for Activa I, Also I was purchased last month for my wife. Jupiter is food for man.

1. mohit

is it really not good for ladies? my wife height is 5.2 … please advice if jupiter will be fine or not?

1. Annnnish

Jupiter is activa’s clone except a few good features.activa i is designed for the female mind set, so its upto you to design. Activa i suits good even for a girl who is 5 ft..

4. Deepak Kaul

TVS Jupiter is the best scooter i have ever driven. Amazing looks! Great feel.. activa falls short and by a big margin

5. Anonymous

activa i is looser &Jupiter is winner.Jupiter has aluminium body&good fuel efficient .&pass light .

6. dayanand

Jupiter is good but ground clearance is less than activation I, for Indian roads ground more clearance is must .

7. Prateek

I checked with dealer, its on road price in Bangalore is 57,500 + accessories extra.

8. Anonymous

go for jupitor and plz don’t say it is for men their is nothing like it

1. Akshay

I like tvs jupiter Because jupiter suspension & mileage i like so, TVs juliter r greT in activa….

9. ravikumarr

I want to buy scooter of 110cc ,eagech compay scooter is better for good miliage.

10. Srini

Sandeep,
    Activa having hydraulic suspension in front, if the roads are worst, then you will have the backpain. So better go with Jupiter, it is having Telescopic suspension.
    If you want Honda scooters, go for Aviator, it has telescopic suspension, great riding comfort. I have used it for 4 years.

11. manish l nagda

dear sir i had come to tvs new juptier scooter but i had topurchase in dasara but still it is not available in hubli karnataka so please suggest me from wher to purchase till diwali thank you manish l nagda.

1. Suman

Contact the below address.
      VIJAYALAXMI TVS
      Near Ksrtc Depot, Gokul Road
      Hubli 580031
      Karnataka
      Phone: 0836 – 2335791 2335790
      Price Jupiter : Rs. 48712 (EX Showroom price, Karnataka)

12. Raj

I have booked Jupiter and will be getting on Diwali,, very good scooter with latest technology and feautures, good milage and metal body. Under seat mobile charger provision and telescopic suspension .

Go for Jupiter

13. sunil bhai

both r bakwassss. intead of go for a horse. fell like prince. run like wind. no petrol. envornfreindly..

14. Rajesh

Jupiter looks like Hero Maestro, with only small changes. reliability is the only concern with TVS.

15. S J Safi

Dear Sir,

Please suggest me which Scooter i have to purchase for my father as i am little confused between Jupiter and Access…..

Please help me as soon as possible because i want to book.

16. Raju

I want to say my all friends which have comments on tvs Jupiter and on Honda scooter that the all scooters are best but the Honda lacks for durability and reliability and big thing is KM/LTR which means mileage. so I suggest my all brothers & sisters go for tvs Jupiter

17. Anonymous

Honda Activa is best one because I have used it. The bike has great mileage, good power and stunning look so I’ll recommend Honda Activa.

18. minu

I want to buy a new two wheeler. Can u sugest me that which one I go for, activa I or jupiter?

19. Dips

Jupiter- A great buy as compared to Activa.
    Mileage- before 1st and 2nd service – 35-40kmpl
    after that it’ll give 45-50 kmpl
    I own both of them, so its better to go for jupiter.

1. Muthu

Which is best scooter Honda Activa I or TVS Jupiter? I want to buy a scooter? Please suggest me.

20. PVG Nair

I am staying in Yeswanthpur, Bangalore. Who is the nearest distributor of TVS? I have one H Activa. Now I want to book one Jupiter also for my daughter. Can anyone inform the waiting period for Jupiter please? Good Luck!

21. Ameenaheb Mulla

I am totally confused I am buy a scooter but which one is better in market ,Honda,TVs,or yamha for mileage & durability.

22. Punith

I am planning to purchase Jupiter. I am in Bangalore. I got Ex-showroom price: 48,700 and On-Road price: 55,000 in some website.
    I went to Showroom and asked. they told On-Road price is 57,800 and including other(Registration, smart card, accessories) charges it will be 60,500.

Please help me I am first time purchasing vehicle. How this much of Price variance?

1. Ramki

Punith – the prices I got quoted for Jupiter in S Bangalore near IIMB are more or less the same… ex showroom was 48400 and on road was 57400 plus a few recommended accessories + registration and smart card was 60250…. it will be give or take Rs 500 difference max… and i have called atleast 2 other dealers.

Current ye@r *