HBOS is the largest and most famous banking and insurance company in UK. This is also, one of the top company and the Largest Home Loan Provider in UK. This is a subsidiary of the Lloyds Banking Group, which is acquired in January 2009. HBOS deals with the Finance and Insurance. The company founded on 2001 and Hardhearted at Edinburgh, Scotland, Halifax, West Yorkshire and Leeds, West Yorkshire.
HBOS manged by the key people:- James Crosby & Andy Hornby (former Chief Executives) and Lord Stevenson of Coddenham (Chairman). They offer all kinds of financial services. At present around 72,000 employees works there. This is a Subsidiary of Bank of Scotland plc, HBOS Australia, HBOS Insurance & Investment Group.
HBOS used to conduct all its operations through three main businesses. This includes Bank of Scotland plc, HBOS Australia and HBOS Insurance & Investment Group Limited. Bank of Scotland plc of HBOS is the special banking division this operated through many brands. HBOS Australia was formed in 2004. This part holds Capital Finance Australia Limited and BOS International Australia Ltd.
1. Brands of Bank of Scotland plc
- Bank of Scotland & Bank of Scotland Private Banking
- Bank of Scotland Treasury Services
- Birmingham Midshires & Halifax & AA Savings
- Halifax Financial Services (Holdings) Ltd & Halifax Investment Fund Managers Ltd
- Halifax Share Dealing Limited & Halifax Unit Trust Management Ltd
- Intelligent Finance
- Sainsbury’s Bank (50%)
- The Mortgage Business (TMB) & Blair, Oliver & Scott (Debt recovery)
- St James’s Place Bank
- Banco Halifax Hispania
- Bank of Scotland Corporate
- Bank of Scotland International
- Bank of Scotland Investment Services
- Bank of Scotland, trading as Halifax
- Bank of Scotland (Netherlands)
2. HBOS Australia
HBOS Australia is to consolidate the group’s holdings in Australia. This consists of Capital Finance Australia Limited and BOS International Australia Ltd. HBOS Australia sold its Bank of Western Australia and St Andrew’s Australia Pty Ltd subsidiaries to Commonwealth Bank of Australia.
3. HBOS Insurance & Investment Group Limited
Last, HBOS Insurance & Investment Group Limited consists of St James’s Place Capital (60%), Halifax General Insurance Services Ltd, St Andrew’s Group and Clerical Medical. This manages all the manages the group’s insurance and investment brands in the UK and Europe. Clerical Medical is the well known and tructed British life insurance, pensions andinvestments company. This is founded in 1824 and known as a subsidiary of Lloyds Banking Group.