Health tips for Summer – How to Stay Cool in Summer ?
Summer in India is almost ready to start and in northwestern India this starts from April and ends in July. Other parts of country summer starts from March to June. The hottest month of the country is April and temperatures of 50 °C (122 °F) and higher have been recorded during this season.
During summer strong, gusty, hot, dry winds that blow during the day and when to expose directly to this wind, not good for health and beauty. Most of us feel dehydrated and low on energy in summer climate. Here is some useful beauty and Health tips for Summer. If some one ask you “How to Stay Cool in Summer?” explain them as an expert.
Best Cooling Foods For The Indian Summer
- Curd/ Yogurt
- Coconut water
- Gooseberry (Amla)
- Cold coffee
- Green veggies
- Butter milk
- Unripe mangoes
- Lime water
- Ice creams
Beauty and Health tips for Summer
Heat stroke and Heat exhaustion
- You must be careful about heat stroke and prevent this by wearing loose and light clothes. You should drink more and more water and do not exert yourself during summer.
- To avoid Heat exhaustion, always Rest in a cool place and Drink clear juice or electrolyte-enriched drinks.
- It is better to choose cool non-alcoholic beverages during summer. Choose a cool shower, bath and wear light clothing to avoid Heat Exhaustion.
Dehydration Symptoms and Red Skin
- Summer is the time many people experience, Dehydration Symptoms. Once you have Dry mouth and eyes, dry skin, no sweating, muscle cramps, nausea consider treatment for Dehydration Symptoms
- You should do Re-hydration yourself with water, clear broths and solutions contain electrolytes.
- Long exposure to sun cause your skin to turn red. To prevent this Avoid direct sunlight and Always use a good sunscreen with SPF 30+
Sunburn and Suntan
- Always stay indoors during 10am to 4pm to avoid sun burn. If you have any sunburn then, Mix juice of peeled cucumber, milk and few lavender flowers. Then Apply the above paste to the affected area.
- Sun tan is another issue which makes your skin more darker. Avoid direct sunlight and consider skin lightening therapies.
Prickly Heat and Dandruff
- Another issue is Prickly heat which occurs as a result of sweat and humidity. Care properly to avoid bacterial infection on the skin. Try to have cold showers, wearing loose clothes. Use talcum powder and calamine lotion.
- Dandruff is another problem in summer and this can be aggravated if you have this issue already. Use Home remedies to cure dandruff.
We loose many minerals through sweat in summer, so replenish these micro- nutrients by taking fruits, vegetables, milk etc. Drinking very cold liquids is not advisable and this is not appropriate for the body. Use liquids and foods in room temperature, which is best suited for the body. Try to include all the above listed Best Cooling Foods For The Indian Summer in your diet.