How to Correct Aadhaar Card Mistakes Online – Step by Step Explanation
The Incomes Tax Department of India has launched an online facility to correct errors in names and other details mentioned in Aadhaar card. Now government has made Aadhaar mandatory for filing income tax returns and provided options for linking of PAN with Aadhaar. Here you can read an article about How to Correct Aadhaar Card Mistakes Online with Step by Step Explanation.
Aadhaar is a unique identification proof for each and every citizen in India which enables or make you the right person for availing all services and benefits as a member of this country. So it is the basic proof for some one to be an Indian anywhere. You will get a unique aadhaar number with 14 digits and this number is the basic proof that you are an India.
“Permanent Account Number” which is composed of ten-digit alphanumeric number on a laminated card by the Income Tax Department. Eg: for a typical PAN is AABPS1205E. The importance of pan card comes on return of income, all activities involving income tax authority. Around 1.2 crore people got their Aadhaar-linked PAN but The number is very low as there are total 25 crore PAN card holders in the country.
Steps to Correct Aadhaar Card Mistakes Online
- First, visit the income tax e-filing website — (incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in) and click on “Links to correct Name”.
- Now you will be redirected to a new window there you can see two separate hyperlinks. The first link is to make changes in the existing PAN data or for application of new PAN. If you want to do PAN correction then this click on this link. it will be redirected to another website which is the NSDL’s website for updating PAN details (onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/endUserRegisterContact.html.
- The second hyperlink is for those who want to update their Aadhaar details. You have to click on this link. Now you will be asked to click on conformation window, click confirm on this.
- Now you will be directed to a ‘Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal’ and here you can do all the necessary corrections. For this first enter the unique identity number and then follow as per instructions.
- You also need to upload relevant documents for the process to get authenticated and verified by UIDAI. The Income Tax Department has also provided the facility to link your Aadhaar and PAN too.