How to Correct/ Change the Details In the Voter ID Card ?
Here we are given an article, which dealing with this topic; how to correct/ change the details in the voter ID card ? Our article will guide you to correct the details in the voter ID card. We explain this via easy steps. Through online you can change your name, address, gender, date of birth, photos etc without any difficulty. But one thing is important that, your name should be there in the voter list. Otherwise the correction cannot be made. A voter ID is essential for every Indian citizen to cast the vote. If you want to change any details in your voter ID card. Read carefully and follow the steps.
Steps to Correct/ Change the Details In the Voter ID Card ?
- First of all, you have to log on to the National Voter’s Service Portal. Then you will see a link called “Correction of entries in Electoral roll”.
- Click on that link. Next, a new window will open up. Then are various online application forms which will be listed here. Click on “Form 8”, which is used for the correction to particulars entered in electoral roll“.
- Fill the application form.
- After this, select your Parliamentary Constituency and State. You need to give your personal details. Enter your details without any mistake. The spelling should be correct. Next, give your full address. Enter your voter ID card number.
- For the verification of the details, you have to upload the scanned copy of any document for the proof of the details entered by you. You must attach your photo along with these documents. You should upload an address proof document and Identity proof documents.
- Next, tick mark the incorrect section in your voter ID card. Then, select the section, which you need to change. Enter your place, details, mobile number and email ID in the given space. Then check all the given information, documents, photo etc is correct.
- If you want to save these information, click on the save button. At last, click on the submit button. You will receive a confirmation after the submission. The updated information you will see in the next voter list.