How to Link Aadhaar with Your Mobile SIM Card Easily – Steps
The Government of India has made it mandatory to link every Indian citizen’s mobile number to their Aadhaar number. All phones not linked with Aadhar will be deactivated after February 2018. The Supreme Court has ordered this based on Lok Niti Foundation case regarding linking of Aadhaar card and SIM card. This decision was taken by the Government to avoid criminals, fraudsters, and terrorists from faulty use of SIM cards in the name of ordinary citizens.
Following are the steps to link your Aadhaar with SIM card
1. First visit the UIDAI’s (Unique Identification Authority of India) official website: uidai.gov.in
2. You can see an AAdhaar Update option, click on it.
3. There you can enter your Aadhaar number
4. You will get an OTP (One Time Password) to your existing mobile number in the form of an SMS.
5. Enter that OTP number and you will be redirected another page after entering the Update option.
6. Select the mobile number under ‘Select field(s) to update’ and click the submit option.