All Most Popular and Competitive Entrance Tests in India
Every field of education and work and now requires passing of a quality entrance examination or competitive exams. In India passing a famous entrance exam is the first and most effective method of opening for the bright career. April- May is the season of all Popular and Competitive Entrance Tests – Exams in India.
Various famous exams in India includes Engineering Entrance Exams, Medical Entrance Exams, MBA Entrance Exams, UPSC Exams, SSC Exams, Railway Exams,Bank Exams, LAW Entrance Exam, Career Option after 12th exams, Scholarships in India exams and Board Exams.
Deemed Universities: Entrance tests
Deemed university in sinple terms means “Deemed to be University”. It is a status of autonomy granted to highest performing institutes of various universities across India. Unlike the traditional universities it is a single university without multiple affiliation to them. They have its own educational degrees to its passing-out students. These are holding equal power and right as other university and approved by University Grants Commission rules.
- AEE (Amrita engineering Entrance)
Amrita engineering Entrance exam conducts every year on an all-India basis. Those passing this exam will get admission for 4-year B.Tech Degree programmes. They have total 1240 seats and 3 campus.
- Banasthali Vidyapith Entrance Test
Banasthali University is an all-women university offers offers B.Tech in various branches. Students need to pass common aptitude test with 50% aggregate marks.
- Christ University Entrance Test
Christ University Entrance Test is a Common Entrance Test for multiple courses including B.Tech courses in various branches of engineering.
- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology Entrance
The Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology conducts exams for the admission of 4-year BTech programmes. The candidate need to pass the All-India Admission Test (ISAT) with 70% marks in aggregate.
- KEE (KARUNYA UNIVERSITY ENGINEERING ENTRANCE)
For admission to the Karunya Institute of Technology, Karunya University conducts KEE and they have around 1400 B.Tech seats.
- KIITEE (Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology)
KIIT University conducts All India KIIT Entrance Examination (KIITEE) for admission to the various undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral programmes and also B.Tech and other UG courses.
- Lingaya’s University Entrance Test
Lingaya’s University Entrance Test is for admission to the Undergraduate, Postgraduate and doctoral courses (Architecture, BCA, BBA and engineering). The student need to get 60% aggregate.
- Noorul Islam University (NIUCET)
Noorul Islam Centre for Higher Education conducts NIUCET for admission to the B.Tech and other courses. Admissions are made strictly on the basis of rank obtained by the student in exam.
Other Important Deemed Universities: Entrance tests
- (SAAT) Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University
- Sathyabama University Entrance Examination
- Sri Chandrasekharendra Saraswathi Viswa Mahavidyalaya Entrance Test
- Sri Siddhartha Academy of Higher Education All India Entrance Test
- SRMEEE (SRM ENGINEERING ENTRANCE EXAM)
- VITEEE (VIT ENGINEERING ENTRANCE EXAM)
Medical entrance tests
Medical Entrance Exams in India are conducts for admission to various medical colleges in India. It will be either All India Basis or state level. Some national level institutions are also conducting these entrance exams.
- All India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT)
All India Pre-Medical Test or Dental Test is one of the the toughest exams conducted by CBSE, New Delhi. After the preliminary examination passing only candidate can attend the final exam.
- Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC ENTRANCE)
AFMC, Pune conducts the AFMC entrance. The notable thing is the student need to serve as commissioned officers in the Armed Forces Medical Services for seven years on graduation.
- BHU All India PMT
BHU-PMT (Pre Medical Test) conducts for admission to MBBS, BDS, BAMS and BPharm courses in India. It is conducted by the Banaras Hindu University and holds seat strength of MBBS (84 seats); BDS (38); BAMS (78); BPharm (33).
Christian Medical College Vellore conducts all-India entrance test (CMC Vellore Common Entrance Test) for admission to the medical and paramedical courses. It is affiliated to Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University, Chennai.
Other Important Medical entrance tests
- Dr. M.G.R. Educational and Research Institute University
- Dr. D.Y.Patil University (AIET)
- Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences
- Krishna Insitute of Medical Sciences University
- Manipal Uget Karnataka
Law entrance tests
Admission for law college or Legal education in the India requires passing of tough competitive exams for a bright future. Traditional universities and the specialized law universities and schools offers these programmes.
Academic degrees related to law are Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), Integrated undergraduate degrees- B.A. LL.B., B.Sc. LL.B., BBA. LLB., B.Com. LL.B. , Master of Laws (LL.M.) , Master of Business Law,Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) and Integrated MBL-LLM/ MBA-LLM.
- AILET (All India Law Entrance Test)
All India Law Entrance Test conducted by National Law University Delhi. The students who passing the exam will be admitted for 5-year undergraduate course.
- Common Law Admission Test (CLAT)
Common Law Admission Test is conducted for BA LLB & LLM admission in all India basis to the 14 National Law schools/ Universities. National Law University, Jodhpur (NLU, Jodhpur) is responsible for this entrance exam.
- Law School Admission Test India (LSAT)
Law School Admission Test India designed by the Law School Admission Council (LSAC) includes testing of reading and verbal reasoning skills. IIT Kharagpur – School of Law, Jindal Global Law School and UPES in India using this option for admission to BA LLB, LLM.
Other Important Law entrance tests
- Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET)
- Aligarh Muslim University (Faculty of Law)
Fine Arts, Design school entrance tests
Admission for Fine Arts, Design school are conducted by various competitive entrance tests in India. Fine arts includes sections like Drawing, Sculpture, Painting, Music and Architecture etc. Based on your talent and likeness you can choose from painting, sculpture, dance, theater, architecture, photography etc.
- National Entrance Examination for Design (NEED)
National Entrance Examination for Design conducted by the National Institute for Design, Ahmedabad. The hold 11 centres and offers Graduate Diploma Programme in Design (GDPD) with seat strength of 100.
- National Institute of Fashion Technology Entrance Exam
National Institute of Fashion Technology Entrance Exam conducted by NIFT. They holds more than 2000 seats in various design & fashion-centric courses.
Other Important Fine Arts, Design school entrance tests
- Pearl Academy Fashion Entrance Exam
- Indira Kala Sangit Vishwavidyalay (IKSVV), Chhattisgarh
Engineering entrance tests
The engineering segment is a bright and ever green job offering field for the bright candidates. Engineering have numberless branches to study based on your wish. You have to pass the competitive exam with good results in order to get admission tot a reputed college or university. Top branches of engineering includes Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering etc.
- AIEEE (All India Engineering Entrance Exam)
All India Engineering Entrance Exam is conducted by the CBSE for admission to BE/ B.Tech courses. Qualified students will be placed to various reputed NIT’s and State-level institutes for around 27,000 seats.
- BVPEEE (Bhartiya Vidyapeeth Engineering Entrance Exam)
Bhartiya Vidyapeeth Engineering Entrance Exam is conducted for admission to B.Tech course and in Bhartiya Vidyapeeth University, they holds more than 700 seats.
- BITSAT (Birla Institute Technology and Science Admission Test)
Birla Institute Technology and Science Admission Test is conducted for selection of students to Birla Institute of Technology and Science. They offer Bachelor’s in Engineering programmes in their various campus.
- COMEDK UGET (Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka)
Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka conducts COMEDK UGET for admission to various undergraduate courses (MBBS, BDS, BE, B.Arch).
- EAMCET (Engineering Agriculture and Medicine Common Entrance Test)
Engineering Agriculture and Medicine Common Entrance Test is conducted for admission in engineering, medical, pharmacy, bio technology and veterinary in private/government colleges. This is specified for the state Andhra Pradesh.
Other Important Engineering entrance tests
- Goa CET (Goa Common Entrance Test)
- MHT-CET (Maharashta Common Entrance Test)
- Orissa JEE (Odisha Joint Entrance Examination)
- UPESEAT (University of Petroleum & Energy Studies Engineering Aptitude Test)
- UPSEE (Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination)
- WB-JEE (West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination,JEM-2012)