Paper Battery: Ultra-Thin Energy Storage Device
Paper Battery is a flexible energy storage device consists of carbon nano tubes with a conventional cellulose. This can also be used as a capacitor which is an electronic device that can store electrically. The thickness of this battery is less than a printer paper.
They are fully recyclable and it is not harmful in nature like other batteries.The main function of the battery is to convert chemical energy into electrical energy. This battery can be folded, twisted, molded, shaped and cut for various application without any loss of efficiency.
Advantages of Paper Battery
- they are both ultra thin and flexible
- It is disposable with household wastes
- they can operate as a battery and capacitor
- they are rechargable
- light weight and non-toxic
- Each sheet of battery-paper generated about 1.5 volts
- Cellulose is reusable and biodegradable.
Properties of Paper Battery
They act as a high energy battery. The properties of paper battery can be recognized by the properties of cellulose. They are as follows.
- high-tensile strengt
- low-shear Strength
- bio compatibility
- good absorption capacity and excellent Porosity
- non-toxic, reusableness & recyclability.
Paper batteries are connected each other for increasing their output. They are estimated to use for powering the next generation vehicles and medical devices. Specialized paper batteries could act as power sources for cosmetics, drug-delivery systems and pacemakers.
Disadvantages of paper Battery
- They have low strength
- They can be torn easily
The technologies used in the production of Carbon Nano tubes are expensive