The Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
The Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad is an autonomous management and research institute in India. It is the second IIM which was established in 1961. They offers several management courses. It is undertaken by Government of India. IIMA campus is situated across 106 acres, Vastrapur in Ahmedabad. “Progress Through the Application of Knowledge” is their motto. The physist Vikram Sarabhai and businessman Kastubhai Lalbhai played a vital role in the establishment of this institute. The placement process in IIM Ahmedabad is student driving process through placements of entire batches.
Courses offering in IIM, Ahmedabad
- Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM)
- Post Graduate Program in Food & Agri Business Management (PGP-FABM)
- Faculty Development Programme
- Armed Forces Programme
- Post Graduate Program in Management for Executives ( PGPX)
- Fellow Programme in Management ( FPM )
Syllabus of Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM)
- Term 1
Financial Markets, Financial Reporting and Analysis, Human Resource Management-I, Individual Dynamics, Legal Aspects of Business, Managerial Computing, Marketing – I, Microeconomics, Probability and Statistics – I, Probability and Statistics – II, Written Analysis and Communication – I, OB Induction I&II
- Term 2
Subjects like Costing and Control Systems, Decision Analysis, Financial Markets, Macroeconomics and Policy, Marketing – II, Human Resource Management-II, Information Systems for Business, Operations Management – II, Interpersonal Group Processes, Personal and Corporate Ethics, and Workshop on Interviews and Presentations
- Term 3
Business, Environment and Society, Business Research Methods, Government Systems and Policy Process, Internet Technology and E-Commerce, Corporate Finance, Marketing – III, Organizational Dynamics, The Social and Cultural Environment of Business, Strategic Management, Written Analysis And Communication II, Flexicore Courses (FC), Manufacturing Operations Management, Service Operations Management, Managing Work Place Dynamics and Employee Collectives, Talent and Competency Management
Syllabus – Post Graduate Program in Food & AgriBusiness Management (PGP-FABM)
- Term 1
Financial Markets, Financial Reporting and Analysis, Human Resource Management I, Individual Dynamics, Legal Aspects of Business, Managerial Computing, Marketing I, Microeconomics, Operations Management-I, Quantitative Methods 1A, Quantitative Methods 1B (PS-II), Written Analysis and Communication I.
- Term 2
Costing and Control Systems, Quantitative Methods 2 (DA), Financial Markets, Human Resource Management II, Systems for Business, Interpersonal Group Processes, Macroeconomics and Policy, Marketing II, Operations Management II, Personal and Corporate Ethics, Workshop on Interviews and Presentations
- Term 3
Business, Environment and Society, Business Research Methods, Corporate Finance, Government Systems and Policy Process, Internet Technology and E-commerce, Marketing III, Organizational Dynamics, Rural, Social and Institutional Environment##, Strategic Management, Written Analysis and Communication II, Flexicore Courses (FC), Operations Management (FC), HRM (FC).
Course Work Faculty Development Programme
- Courses in the area of general management (Introductory and Integrative).
- Management discipline-related courses (e.g., Understanding Organizational Behaviour, Economics, and Information Technology for Management)
- Courses in functional areas of management (e.g., Accounting and Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, and Operations)
- Academic skill-related courses (e.g., Research Methods, Statistical Analysis, Communication for Management Teachers, Case Method in Management Education)
- Elective module: Participants will be required to attend specially designed courses in one of the following areas, Marketing, Finance & Accounting or Organisational Behaviour & Human Resource Management.
Syllabus – Armed Forces Programme
- Term 1
Strategic Management-I, Micro and Macro Economics, Business Decision Modelling, Financial Reporting and Analysis, Strategic Cost Management, Marketing Management-I, Human Resources Management, Organizational Behaviour, Information Systems for Management, Managerial Computing, Operations Management, Business Research Methods
- Term 2
Marketing Management-II, Financial Management, Organisational Performance & Measurement, Healthcare Management, Managing Educational Institutions, Infrastructure Management, Technology and Management (Tech.& Security, e-Gov, e Commerce), Logistic Management
- Term 3
Business Dispute Resolution, Customer Relationship Mgmt, Capital Market & Portfolio Theory, Managerial Communications, Project Management, Legal Aspects of Business, Entrepreneurship, Brand Management, Strategic Management-II, Managing Educational Institutions
Contents of Post Graduate Program in Management for Executives ( PGPX)
Introduces the participants to the environment and IIMA’s pedagogy and helps them to understand the self while making the transition to the PGPX and the future.
- Building Blocks
This is a core segment providing a rigorous grounding in the fundamentals of management.
- Preparing for Top Management
The differentiating element of the PGPX which prepares the participants for being change agents and visionary leaders.
- International Immersion
A two week international academic component teaching about macro-level dynamics and unfamiliar economic environment in a foreign country.
A wide range of electives allows the participants the freedom of choice in areas of their interest, explore new areas of learning and reflect on and leverage past experience.
This is a business simulation exercise which integrates learning from the entire program.
Contents – Fellow Programme in Management ( FPM )
(1) Business Policy
(3) Finance & Accounting
(4) Food & Agribusiness
(5) Human Resource Management
(6) Information Systems
(7) Innovation and Management in Education
(9) Organizational Behaviour
(10) Production and Quantitative Methods
(11) Public Systems.
Admission Procedure in IIM, Ahmedabad
For PGP Programme
- Candidate must appear the CAT exam conducted by IIMs.
- On clearing that candidate is called for Academic Writing Test ( AWT )
For PGP-ABM Programme
- Candidate must appear the CAT or GMAT exam conducted by IIMs.
- On clearing that candidate is short listed for Group Discussion ( GD )and Personel Interview ( PI ).
For PGPX Programme
- Candidate must appear the GMAT exam conducted by IIMs.
- On clearing that candidate is short listed for Personel Interview ( PI ) Video Conference.
- For PGP Programmes and PG-ABM – 18.5 Lakh
- For PGPX programme – 24 Lakh