Top 10 Best Free Cancer Treatment Offering Hospitals in India
Here is the list of Top 10 Best Free Cancer Treatment Offering Hospitals in India. Earlier we have posted about Top 5 Best Cancer Hospitals in India. Many poor cancer patients are suffering for treatment cost and day to day life earning. These kind of Free Cancer Treatment Offering Hospitals are really blessing for those people. Some hospital offer free treatment, other offers high quality service and diagnosis at subsides rates.
Free room, free food and medicines, various discounts for treatment also offered by many hospitals in India. Apart from this, cancer awareness camps, free cancer detection camps and referral service offered by many centers. There are many Regional Cancer Centers, presently approved and funded by the central government offers free cancer treatment. Top 10 Best Free Cancer Treatment Offering Hospitals in India
List of 10 Best Hospitals for Free Cancer Treatment in India
- Adyar Cancer institute, Chennai
- Delhi State Cancer Institute (DSCI)
- Sri Shankara Cancer Hospital and Research Centre
- Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bangalore
- Regional Cancer Centre, Thiruvananthapuram
- Cancer Care Foundation of India, Mumbai
- Dharamshila Hospital and Research (DHRC)
- ICS Cancer Detection Centre, Mumbai
- The Gujarat Cancer & Research Institute
1. Adyar Cancer institute, Chennai
This is a well known cancer specialty hospital situated in the city of Chennai. It is founded by Dr. Muthulakshmi Reddy on June 18, 1954 on the land donated by Mr. S. K. Puniyakoti Mudaliar. According to WHO this is Top Ranking Centre in the country. Asia’s first unit of cobalt-60 Teletherapy unit (radiation therapy machine) is here which was gifted by Atomic Energy, Canada.
The institute is first in starting department of Nuclear Medical Oncology, Paediatric oncology, linear accelerator, Blood Component Therapy, hyperthermia treatment, ND-YAG Surgical Laser, Intra-operative Electron Therapy, RapidArc treatment etc. The Institute has 423 beds, of which 297 are free and Generally, 66% of them get free or subsidised treatment.
2. Delhi State Cancer Institute (DSCI)
Delhi State Cancer Institute (DSCI) made as an autonomous institution by the Government of NCT of Delhi. They provide comprehensive management facility using advanced techniques for all patients suffering from cancers. This is an autonomous institution as a Society under Societies Registration Act XXI. This Institute is providing absolutely free facilities to all the cancer patients attending in the General OPD. The Private Ward facilities for various categories has been added recently and will be charged as per cost.
- Latest generation 128-Slice CT Scanner with RT Simulation
- Fully digital X-Ray unit with digital fluoroscopy
- Complete Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS)
- Three state-of-the-art Linear Accelerators with latest IGRT & IMRT facilities
- Chemotherapy facilities with all the prescribed medicines
- High Dose Rate Brachytherapy system
- Most advanced surgical facilities
- Intra-operative radiotherapy, Nuclear Medicine set up
- Alternative Medicine (Naturopathy, ISM & Yoga)
3. Sri Shankara Cancer Hospital and Research Centre
This is a well known hospital with 320 beds spaciously laid-out with all amenities, 31 beds are dedicated for free treatment. They also conduct Free cancer detection camp program time to time. The hospital built in the campus of Shankara Math in Bangalore with a built-up area of 3,50,000 sq.ft, over 9 floors.
This is totally a not-for-profit organization and they depend on donations and contributions from donors, well-wishers, corporates, NRIs, service organizations and other charitable trusts for the hospital maintenance. The hospital focus is on cure and prevention of cancer. Sri Shankara Cancer Hospital and Research Center equipped with all modern facilities for cancer treatments.
- Diagnostic Services Department ( CT scan/PET scan/1.5 tesla MRI etc)
- Radiation Oncology (High-end Linear Accelerator, simulator, brachytherapy, Radiation Physics, CT Simulator etc)
- Surgical Oncology with 8 well-equipped Operation Theatres
- Laser Surgical Unit, 30-bedded ICU with latest monitoring facilities
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Pediatric Oncology, Bone Marrow Transplantation Unit
- Physiotherapy, Rehabilitation & Speech Therapy
- Preventive and Community Oncology Department
- Clinical Oncology and Molecular Research
4. Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai is a well known hospital in India which is situated in Parel, Mumbai. It is a specialist cancer treatment and research centre for Advanced Treatment, Research and Education in Cancer. Tata Memorial Hospital Offers Free Online Opinion To Cancer Patients. Tata Memorial hospital is a pioneer in research for cancer. It provides primary care to the patients as well as free care to 70% of patients.
This is currently free of cost and are available to the patient between 3 – 7 days at the most. The hospital have branches:- TMH – Mumbai, ACTREC – Navi Mumbai, CCE – Mumbai, HBCHRC – Vishakhapatnam, HBCH – Sangrur, Punjab. Around 60 per cent of patients seeking primary care are treated free of charge.
5. Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bangalore
Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology is a well known cancer care hospital in Bangalore. This is a famous is a Regional Cancer Centre funded by the Government of India. KMIO is recognised as a Charitable Institute by the Endowment Department of Karnataka. The drugs sold by Kidwai are 40 to 60% cheaper than in the markets. It is one of the best cancer hospitals in India.
Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology Named after Rafi Ahmed Kidwai, the then Governor of Bombay, it was founded on 26 June 1973. The hospital offers free services to poor cancer patients. Poor patients are financially assisted by various schemes like Free drugs from the Institute, Karnataka Chief Minister’s Medical Relief fund, Poor Patients Welfare Fund, children Welfare Fund, Kidwai Cancer Drug Foundation etc.
6. Regional Cancer Centre, Thiruvananthapuram
RCC is the well-known centre in Kerala for cancer treatment and research works. It is established in 1981 under the Government of India and offers excellent treatment for life threatening cancers from patients in Kerala and nearby areas of Tamil Nadu and Karnataka. RCC offering management for all cancer types.
Adults with curable cancers receive free treatment here. The hospital offer free chemotherapy and advanced diagnostic facilities like CT scan, isotope scanning etc for children (chemotherapy given free irrespective of family income) and less affluent members. Nearly 60% patients receive free treatment and another 29 percent in the middle income group receive treatment at subsidized rates.
The hospital located in Thiruvanathapuram, Kerala. They also give importance for economic assistance for poor patients. All treatment facilities you will get from here in an affordable cost than other private sector organisations. There are also facilities for regular chemotherapy, cryostat, blood gas analyzer, tissue culture facility etc.
- Haematology clinic, lymphoreticular clinic
- clinics for treatment of cancers of soft tissue, bone, head and neck, breast etc
- Special clinics are also available for cancers of CNS, gynaec/urinary, chest, gastro etc.
- special pediatric oncology and thyroid wing too.
- Linear accelerator, treatment planning with computer
- Computerised remote after loading system
- micro selection, thexatron 780 C, fibre optic endoscope
- auto analyser and blood cell counter
7. Cancer Care Foundation of India, Mumbai
Cancer Care Foundation of India, Mumbai is a well known registered medical NGO and non-profit Charitable Organization. This is made to provide standard health care at no cost. This is also called Cancer Aid & Research Foundation. This Indian Charitable Organization offers various aid to patients via charity sale.
They also offers facilities like rehabilitation, screening of cancer films and celebrates various health days for public awareness. The hospital organize periodical cancer detection camps and providing free counseling to cancer patients and their family members.
They conduct 6 point tobacco control programm. Cancer Care Foundation of India, Mumbai Conducting cancer research activities and studies with J.J. Group of hospitals, Mumbai and Royal Marsden Hospital, London. Patients will get free Ambulances service in and around Mumbai and Thane. The hospital Providing medical help and financial support, rent free accommodation, return railway fare, supplies medicines for free of cost etc.
8. Dharamshila Hospital and Research (DHRC)
Dharamshila Hospital is the North India′s Largest Cancer Hospital with 300 beds. They provides free consultations, diagnosis and treatment facilities to patients below poverty line. India′s first cancer hospital accredited by National Accreditation Board. The hospital offers highly subsidised treatment to low income groups, spending around Rs 2-3 crore.
They using Using latest and most powerful tools of technology and have organised 237 cancer awareness campaigns for the public and conducts screening of short films and distributes pamphlets, booklets and posters. The Hospital organised 151 free cancer detection camps and free cancer screening months every year.
9. ICS Cancer Detection Centre, Mumbai
The Indian Cancer Society was founded in Mumbai in 1951 by the renowned oncologist Dr. DJ Jussawala. They offering high quality-low cost cancer screening facilities. Their Awareness group of trained volunteers conducts free Cancer Awareness programmes. Free Mobile Cancer Screening also conducted by Philanthropic individuals and organizations for people living in the slums of Delhi.
The center offers complete comprehensive cancer check up service at a very nominal cost to poor and middle class people. Information about Cancer Insurance Policy offered for Clients and this helping them to avail the benefits of the policy at a very nominal cost. The center work with the objective of Early Diagnosis of Cancer, since cancer can be cured if diagnosed and treated at an early stage. They also refer clients for further investigation.
10. The Gujarat Cancer & Research Institute
Gujarat Cancer Research Institute established in 1972 and this is a state owned cancer research institute in Gujarat. This is one of the 25 government funded Regional Cancer Centres in India established in 1972.
X- ray, mammography (to detect breast cancer) and ultrasonography are performed at cheaper rates in this hospital. They looking at strategies to manage the costs related to cancer. prevention, early detection of cancer, evidence-based treatment strategies, access to affordable cancer management, supportive care to meet patient needs.