Top 5 Best Free Antivirus Software
Antivirus software prevents, detects and remove computer viruses hijackers, spywares, ransom ware, key loggers, back doors, root kits, Trojan horses, worms etc.There are several methods for detecting computer virus namely signature based detection a most common method for detecting virus, Heuristic-based detection, File emulation. If you are searching for a free antivirus software, here I enlist some of the five best free antivirus software’s which will prevent virus from your computer.
Avast is free as well as payable antivirus protection for computer and can be downloaded from all sorts of operating systems. Avast is free of charge and can be used for both house and non-commercial purposes as it protects computer from virus and Trojan threats. The new avast version offering some attractive features they are, avast Software Updater, avast Browser Cleanup, avast Data Shredder, avast Access Anywhere, avast Ad Blocker.
The avast access anywhere will allow you to access remote computer desktop. Avast has supported almost all the Operating Systems like Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000 and other server Windows. Avast consists of heuristics engine, antispyware, free 1-year license. As you have got the free version of Avast then register it within one month of your use and get free 1 year protection from all computer virus attack.
Free Avast Antivirus features:
- Allows assistance from a geek friend
- Blocks viruses & spyware
Pro Antivirus, Internet security, Premier antivirus software’s are payable antivirus protection software’s and can be installed after making a payment.
AVG (Anti virus guard) is the another most popular antivirus software company founded in 1991. The AVG ensuring real-time defenses against real-time threats. AVG using four types of detecting methods they are, Signature-based detection, Polymorphic-based detection, Heuristic-based analysis, Behavior-based analysis. AVG anti-virus and Internet security software supporting , Linux, Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac OS.
Features of Free AVG Antivirus
- Blocks virus before getting into your PC
- Helps to share files safely
- Enhanced mobi;le protection
- Prevents from data theft and spying
- Fast & smooth access of PC
Microsoft Security Essentials is a free software that protects your computer against viruses, spyware. Microsoft Security Essentials is essential both in business and non commercial purposes, it adds benefit to both. It is easy to install and easy to use.
Microsoft Security Essentials Features
- Supports Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP
- Automatic updates
- It is free and easy to install
- Available in 33 languages
- Comprehensive malware protection
- Protects you from hackers
Avira the leading antivirus software company with 25 years of experience in security solutions. Avira offering free antivirus security for home users. The Avira antivirus free edition delivers effective protection against virus and trojan threats.
Features of free Avira Antivirus
- Detects and removes more viruses
- Protection against previously unknown macro viruses
- Internet-Update Wizard for easy updating
- File and folder protection for AntiVir files and folders
- Scanning of locked files
- Protection against previously unknown boot record viruses and master boot record viruses
- AntiPhishing protection against phishing
- AntiDialer protection against expensive dialers
- Protection against trojans, worms, backdoors, jokes and other harmful programs
- Scanning and repair of macro viruses
Bitdefender is the romania based software company started in 2001. The bitdefender offering free antivirus protection for computers. Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition supports Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP. It gives you 100% assurance against thefts and hacking.
BitDefender Antivirus Free Edition Features
- Real-time Shield: Files are downloaded from the Internet and are scanned immediately.
- Active Virus Control: Detect new potential threats in real time and provides a layer of protection against new threats which needs signatures. Besides these malware-like actions are detected
- B-Have: B-Have reduces dependency on virus signatures through proactive detection of unknown threats
- HTTP Scanning: Analyzes and blocks websites which attempts scams or credit card phishing
- Anti-rootkit: Scans hidden malware is known as rootkits. It hides the existence of certain processes or programs.
- Smart Scanner
- Early boot scanning
- Empty slots scaning