Best Nephrology Treatment Hospitals in India 2016
There are several hospitals offering kidney treatments including dialysis and transplantation. Indian hospitals are well known for health care at low cost as compared to international hospitals so Indian hospitals attract most of the international patients.
Fast recovery is promised from Indian hospital combined with a pleasant and suitable caring atmosphere. The rooms provided in the hospitals are well furnished with all facilities.
Some of the best hospitals in India for kidney treatments are Apollo hospitals(Chennai), AIMS (All India Institute of Medical sciences, Delhi), Manipal hospital (Bangalore), Christian medical college(Vellore, Tamil Nadu). Other well known hospitals which attract most of the international patients are Fortis , Max hospital, Wockhardt Hospitals Group in association with Harvard medical international.
These are the best ever known well equipped hospitals in India with latest infrastructures and high quality world class technologies & equipment’s. Such hospitals are crewed with highly qualified and experienced Nephrologists, Urologists and surgeons, most of them trained abroad.
Here I enlist details of five well known Indian kidney or nephrology hospitals including facilities, phone numbers, address, land mark or location for your easiness. Check the list of Best Kidney Treatment Hospitals in India. Hope the article will be useful for you in someway.
Some Interesting Facts About Your Kidneys
- Kidneys located in the abdomen on the backside, on each side of the spine
- Kidneys excrete waste products thereby balance electrolytes in the body
- Controls blood pressure, and producing red blood cells in body
- Kidneys are supplied with renal arteries and this blood is send back to heart via renal veins
- Kidneys play a key role in controlling the amount of fluid in the body
- Helps in distribution of electrolytes viz.(sodium, potassium, magnesium)
- Balances the acid level in the body
- The waste products filtered in form of urea, proteins metabolism, uric acid
- Renin, a hormone produced by kidney regulates fluid and blood pressure
List Of 5 Best Hospitals For Kidney Problems
- AIMS (All India Institute of Medical sciences, Delhi)
- Manipal hospital (Bangalore)
- Christian medical college(Vellore, Tamil Nadu)
- Fortis Hospital (Bangalore, Karnataka)
- Coimbatore kidney hospital
1. All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS, Delhi)
AIIMS was established in 1956 for serving people and department for nephrology is started in 1969. Certain financial assistance is provided to poor patients by government as illness assistance funds. AIIMS is performing 3-4 transplants a week as per registered members for transplantation with a waiting period of 2-3 months.
Kidney transplantation in AIMS
Renal replacement therapy is advised to patients suffering from End stage kidney disease (ESKD)where patients cannot be cured with medical treatment. The patients family has to decide whether they are initiated with life long dialysis or kidney transplantation ( transplantation is done based on health status of patient).
The procedure of transplantation begins with registration by the donor followed by labortary test and blood group compatibility, physical test. A donor can be anyone it might be a family member. Cost of transplantation lies upon various factors.
Expected cost of kidney transplantation in AIMS
- Hemo dialysis & medicines: Rs 15000/- per month
- Surgical disposition at transplantation: Rs. 35,000/-
- Post renal transplantation & medicines: Rs. 15,000/-per month
- Donor and recipient work-up related with immunological testing: Rs 30,000/-
- Additional cost for induction therapy, CMV prophylaxis after transplant
- Blood pressure and high cholesterol medications fee.
Phone/Enquiry numbers: (011) 26588500, (011) 26589900
Address: Safdarjung Enclave, Aurobindo Marg, Ansari Nagar, Delhi- 110029
Landmark: Near Uphaar Cinema Hall
2. Fortis Hospital (Bangalore, Karnataka)
Fortis has a network with 12000 bed services across 75 hospitals. It got certified with JCI (Joint commission International) & NABH (National Accreditation Board of hospitals). Fortis provides perfect healthcare with advanced treatments.
Facilities to perform Tests like eGFR (estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate) is available here. Many patients recovered after successful kidney transplantation’s from Fortis which has given them a better quality of life. Fortis provides best source of dialysis with well equipped dialysis machines combined with qualified, experienced doctors.
Every dialysis process continues up to four hours and is performed every two- three weeks. Kidney transplant surgery is done for 4-5 hours. Additional Dialysis is available with tariffs. Fortis provides kidney transplant package including documentation fee and other miscellaneous expense which comes with the package.
Phone: (080) 67947301
Address: 65, 1st Main Road, Seshadripuram, Bangalore- 560020, Karnataka
Landmark: Opposite Indian Bank
3. Manipal Hospital(Bangalore, Karnataka)
Manipal hospital is one of the best hospital for kidney treatment. Transplantation performed under strict supervision of qualified and experienced staff. Lots of international patients are satisfied with successful transplants at Manipal. This hospital has performed nearly 1000 kidney transplants and has done first cadver transplant.
Manipal hospital is leading institute for Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomy (LDN). Manipal hospital in Bangalore is an ultimate destination for affordable health care with 600 bed services, fully air conditioned and is multi super specialty hospital in Karnataka.
It is ranked among top 5 of those India’s most caring hospitals. Manipal Hospital offers a wide range of specialist services with most advanced medical technology, highly qualified team of specialists and world-class nursing care.
Kidney Transplantation in Manipal Hospital
- Pre Transplant work-up: 18 Days for the donor & recipient
- Duration of Stay in the Hospital: Recipient – 10-15 days | Donor- 7 Days.
- The Duration of stay outside the Hospital (Recovery Stay): Recipient – 60 days Donor- 14-21 days.
Phone: 080-2502 4444/3344
Address: Manipal Hospital 98, HAL Airport Road, Bangalore- 560017, India
Landmark: 98, HAL Airport Road, Bangalore
4. Coimbatore kidney hospital/Centre
Coimbatore kidney hospital is ranked among the top most hospital in treating kidney and urinary tract diseases. CKC has specialized over 18,000 haemo dialysis and 200 kidney transplantation. Packages are available for surgical and medical treatments, it includes the charges for Bed charges, OT, Anesthesia Charges, Professional Charges, Basic Investigations charges, Oxygen, Ventilation & ICU stay, General medications for recipient & donor etc.
Steroid Free Kidney Transplantation is the latest innovation from this hospital and it is helping to avoid steroid related complications in patients. They offers facilities for stone removal, haemodialysis, kidney transplantation, Transurethral Resections of the Prostrate (TURP) etc.
738-B Puliakulam Road, Coimbatore, PIN: 641 045, Tamil Nadu, India
91 422 – 2312006 or 91 422 – 2312007
91 422 – 2314487 or 91 422 – 2321542
Landmark: Puliyakulam to Sowripalayam Road
5. Christain Medical College, Vellore
Christian medical college gives excellent medical treatment for nephrology functioning in two wings namely Nephrology I & Nephrology II. Child Kidney Care Clinic is also undertaken by pediatric nephrologists. Offered facilities from here includes Hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, renal transplantation, diagnostic tests, biopsy, patient education, nephrology research, education etc.
Nephrology department has a dialysis unit (Artificial Kidney lab or AK lab) comprised with 40 hemodialysis machines, 4 exclusively used for ICU dialysis. Dialysis is undertaken by hemodialysis therapists and nurses under strict supervision of a junior nephrologist and consultant nephrologist.
Department of Nephrology, Christian Medical College,
Vellore, 632004, Tamil Nadu, India
Landmark: Vellore, Tamil Nadu
Top 10 Tips to Prevent Kidney Disease & Failure
- Control diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease
- Tight control of blood pressure: aim for lower than 130/80
- Reduce the intake of salt
- Choose lower potassium foods (apples, cabbage, green beans, grapes and strawberries)
- Drink lots of water every day
- Don’t resist the urge to urinate
- Eat and drink Healthy fruits, vegetables and beverages
- Avoid Excessive drinking coffee and tea
- Avoid alcohol and smoking, Do exercise daily
- Avoid self medication
- Dont experiment with supplements and herbal medicine
- Limit phosphorus from milk, cheese, dried beans, nuts and peanut butter
- Work with your doctor to manage kidney problems