Top 5 Best Medical Universities in India
Here is the best and well known Medical Universities in India with all courses details and necessary information. If you are a student who wish to study in any of the universities or get trained here, you have to study hard and attend competitive exams specially for this institutions. It is honor to become the student or trainee of any one of the institution. AIMS in enjoying the top position and others are equally good in quality and performance all the time.
1. All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
AIMS or All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi is established for teaching Undergraduate and Post-graduate Medical Education. They offer high standards of education with good quality medical Education in India.
The AIMS academic section carries out policy, programme planning, execution of academic activities and various intramural research strategies. AIMS is a well equipped medical college and high quality medical research public university located in India, Delhi. They also offers various Training at different levels.
Undergraduate Courses (UG)
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing
- B.Sc Nursing (post Certificate)
Paramedical Courses (PM)
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Opthalmic Techniques
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Medical Technology
Postgraduate Courses (PG)
- M.Sc. / M. Biotechnology
- M.Ch. (5 year course)
2. Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh is one of the top ranking one, situated at Chandigarh, India. They offer various educational, medical research and training options for students. Tulsi Das, Santokh Singh Anand, P N Chuttani, B N Aikat, Sant Ram Dhall and Bala Krishna are the persons who found this institution.
It is established in 1962 with the moto of Service to the Community, Care of the Needy and Research for the Good of All. They offer Short-term training for private doctors and State government sponsored doctors. The fee for training will be ranging from Rs 2000/- per month to Rs 10000/-per month.
Courses Offered: Medical
- Post MD
- Post MD Certificate
Courses Offered: Undergraduate – Para Medical
- B.Sc. Med. Tech. (Laboratory)
- B.Sc. Med. Tech. (X-Ray)
- B.Sc. Audiology & Speech Therapy
- B.Sc. Med. Tech. Radio-Therapy
- Bachelor of Physical Therapies (B.Ph.T)
- B.Sc. Med. Tech. (Operation Theatre)
- B.Sc. Med. Tech. (Perfusionist)
Postgraduate courses (Paramedical)
- M.Sc. Med. Tech. (Pathology)
- M.Sc. Med. Tech.(Microbiology)
- M.Sc. Med. Tech (Radiology)
- M.Sc. Med. Tech. Pharmacology & Physiology
- M.Sc. Med. Tech. (Biochemistry)
- M.Sc. Med. Tech. (Transfusion Medicine)
- M.Sc. Speech & Hearing
- M.Sc. Pharmacology
- M.Sc. Bio-chemistry
- M.Sc. Medical Bio-Technology
- B.Sc.Nursing (Post Basic)
- M.Sc. Nursing (Medical, Surgical and Community Health Nursing specialities)
3. Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram
Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram (SCTIMST), established in 1973 for the benefit of the people living in kerala. The institution currently holds status of a university and offers various educational programmes and training.
It includes postdoctoral, doctoral and postgraduate course for students and trainees. The academic sections includes medical specialties, health care technology, public health, nursing, basic sciences etc. They offer M.Tech Clinical Engineering as a joint program with IIT Madras and CMC Vellore).
Courses offered by SCTIMST:-
- DM Neurology
- DM Cardiology
- DM Neuroradiology
- DM Anaesthesia
- MCh Neurosurgery
- MCh Cardiothoracic Surgery
- MCh Vascular Surgery
- M.Tech Clinical Engineering
- MPhil in Biomedical Technology
- Diploma in Nursing
- Cardiac Laboratory Technology
- Neuro Technology
- Advanced Medical Imaging
- Blood Banking Technology
- Post DM/MCh Fellowships
- Ph.D. in bio-medical streams.
4. Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow
Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow established in 1983 and currently located at Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India. The institute is situated on a 550 acres (2.2 km2) area with all modern educational facilities.
The Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow offers its own degrees and it is recognized by Medical Council of India. The courses offered includes DM/MCh/PDF/PDCC/and Senior Residency (Hospital Services) training programs in various sections.
- Cardiology, Clinical Immunology
- Endocrinology, Gastroenterology
- Medical Genetics, Nephrology, and Neurology
- Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, Endocrine Surgery, Neurosurgery, Surgical Gastroenterology, and Urology.
Post-doctoral Fellowship (PDF)
- Renal Transplantation Medicine (Nephrology)
- Renal Transplantation Surgery (Urology)
- Pancreatico-biliary Surgery (Surgical Gastroenterology).
Post-Doctoral Certificate Courses (PDCC)
- Apheresis Technology and Component Therapy
- Cardiac Anaesthesia, Endocrine Surgery
- Gastro-Radiology, Infectious Diseases
- Laboratory Immunology, Neuro-Anaesthesia
- Neuro-Radiology, Nuclear Nephro-Urology
- Pediatric Endocrinology, Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Renal Pathology
Senior Resident (Hospital Services)
- Anaesthesiology, Cardiology, Immunology
- Clinical Hematology, Critical Care Medicine
- CVTS, Endocrinology, Endocrine Surgery
- Gastroenterology, Genetics, Laboratory Hematolog
- Microbiology, Nephrology, Neurology
- Neurosurgery, Nuclear Medicine
- Pathology, Radiodiagnosis, Radiotherapy
- Surgical Gastroenterology and Transfusion Medicine.
- Anesthesiology, Immuno hematology & Blood Transfusion
- Microbiology, Nuclear Medicine, Pathology
- Radio diagnosis and Radiotherapy
5. King George’s Medical University (Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Med. Univ) Lucknow
King George’s Medical University also known as Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Med. Univ at Lucknow. It is established in 1911 and affiliated to UGC. The King George’s Medical College updated to medical university.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
Doctor of Medicine (MD)
- Internal Medicine
- Pediatrics Microbiology
- Community Medicine
- Radio-diagnosis Psychiatry
- Tuberculosis & Chest Diseases
- Forensic Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynecology.
Master of Surgery (MS)
- General Surgery
- Diploma in Radiodiagnosis
- Diploma in Ophthalmic Medicine and Surgery
- Diploma in Larygology and Otology
- Diploma in Orthopedics
- Diploma in Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Diploma in Child Health
- Diploma in Clinical Pathology
- Diploma in Anesthesiology
- Diploma in Tuberculosis & Chest Diseases
- Diploma in Public Health
Super speciality courses DM/MCh
- DM – Neurology | Cardiology
- MCh – Neurosurgery | Plastic Surgery | Thoracic & Cardiovascular Surgery | Urology | Surgical Oncology |
Other Best Medical Universities in India
- National Institute of Mental Health & Neuro Sciences, Bangalore
- Jawaharlal Institute of PG Medical Education & Research (JIPMER), Puducherry
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education & Research (NIPER) Mohali
- Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai (SRMCRI)
- Padmashree Dr. D.Y. Patil Vidyapeeth, Navi Mumbai