Everything You Should Know About Diesel and Petrol Cars / Vehicles
Do you have a plan to buy a new car or any vehicle? Before getting one just think which engine you are going to choose, either a diesel engine or a petrol/gasoline engine? Both engines have their own pros and cons. Most of them may be unaware about those things. You may have misunderstanding about the engine option and fuel choice sometimes. Through this article about the comparison between diesel and petrol engines we are trying to make you people understand about the difference between two.
Diesel Engines Powered Vehicles Pros/Advantages
This offers Best class mileage from Diesel. You have 25 to 30 percent better fuel economy than Petrol. Engine is Stronger and offering more horse power(30% extra) and produces More luggage power and less pollution. Diesel is the best efficient available fuel and it is Energy dense and durable than petrol fuel. Diesel engine free of spark plug or distributors and helps in Avoids the elimination of ignition tune-ups.
It is also More capable to withstand the rigors of higher compression and ensures Long vehicle life (300,000 miles) than Petrol powered ones. There is only Less need of maintenance works and repairs and High resale value for diesel engine powered vehicles. You get More torque to the driveshaft than petrol engine. It is Faster and good speed than petrol cars and also Cheaper than gasoline or petrol (based on country).
Diesel Engine Powered cars Cons/Disadvantages
- Fuel Price of Diesel raising as equal to Petrol
- Diesel powered vehicles are costly than petrol ones
- Difficult to start fast in cold weather
- Increased demand of diesel creating high competition
- No mileage economy with the 25-30% more priced diesel fuel
- Not sending the heat out the tailpipe
- No flashy high-speed performance as petrol cars
- Diesel engine is slower than Petrol ones
- Need to change the oil, air, fuel filters
- Need regular maintenance
- Some vehicles requires manual emptying of water separators
- Repairing charge (fuel injection breakdown) is high than a petrol engine
These are the most listed pros and cons of diesel engine and powered vehicles ever, but still a lot of people are loving diesel engines and vehicles. But increasing fuel price and most of the time equal to the price of petrol or gasoline removes all these fuel economy related advantages. Most of the trucks, industries and factories using this fuel in high amount making this one more demand wrapped fuel. Most of them refusing to buy a diesel car because it is heavier, more smoke producing, funny smelling, noisier with vibration and costlier than petrol powered ones.
Petrol Engine powered vehicles Pros/Advantages
It is Cheaper than a diesel car to purchase. You have Less noise and vibration than a diesel engine. The Service and maintenance cost is less but it is Highly available every where in time. Also, easy to use with engine, just fill. There is No waste is produced and no manual emptying. Easy to carry fuel and safe to store, Engine and spare parts are available in cheap rates. Petrol as a fuel cheap than diesel in some regions and Engine and vehicle will avail on cheap rate. Petrol fuel is usually cheaper in price.
Petrol Engine powered vehicles Cons/Disadvantages
- Less mileage or fuel economy on ride
- Resale value is low than petrol vehicles
- Petrol supply is decreasing and will be problem in future
- Need to drive harder than petrol engines
- It burns the fuel quicker than a petrol engine
- High maintenance cost for petrol powered engines
- Less durability and strength (up to 150,000 miles)
- More harmful pollution to environment
- High carbon elimination through the smoke
Getting confused with the selection of diesel or petrol engine still. I may suggest a diesel vehicle only if some one ask with me. Because even if you purchased a low cost petrol car or vehicle, within one year itself you may have to spend too much money for fuel and other terms of work to make your petrol car well stable. So why cant you buy a new and little more costly diesel car which is economically friendly too with less pollution. All automobile giants still preferring a diesel engine for their latest models including the Volkswagen rolled out the Touareg V10 TD and Chrysler Jeep Liberty powered by a diesel engine.
Top 10 fuel-efficient diesel cars in India
1. Maruti Dzire (Diesel) – 28.4kpl
2. Maruti Ciaz (SHVS) – 28.09 kpl
3. Maruti Baleno – 27.39kpl
4. Honda Jazz – 27.3kpl
5. Tata Tiago – 27.28kpl
6. Maruti Ignis – 26.8kpl
7. Ford Figo (Diesel) – 25.83kpl
8. Ford Figo Aspire (Diesel) – 25.83kpl
9. Honda Amaze (Diesel) – 25.8kpl
10. Honda City (Diesel) – 25.6kpl