Best Courses and Career Options After Higher Secondary (India)

Higher secondary board exam results just published now and most of the students are in a hurry and worry to choose a better career option for securing their future. Most of them are looking for a best course which assures job placement without delay. Fortunately you people have a lot of opportunities now days in state and overseas.

But the cost of foreign academics is little high, so students should try for scholarships, fellowships and assistant ships in foreign colleges. Happy news is that from next year onwards higher secondary students can have an additional opportunity of registering for a diploma in computer applications.

Also Read: Best Courses and Career options for All graduates / degree holders in India

Also Read: Best Computer courses after graduation/degree/plus two/12th in India

You may be a high scorer or an average student but it is not the matter. What you choose for your future and how you utilize that opportunity is the great thing. Don’t worry about the past with failures. Be preparing to reach the sky. Choose a better course as per your interest and need and study well.

Always consider your ability to accommodate with the course, financial support and your attitude. Dear students,  here we are leading you to choose the best career options with most suitable courses that you can do after your higher secondary education.

Carreer options afterBest courses and career options for the science/commerce/arts stream students

You may be a student from science/commerce/arts stream with good score. But you may be unaware about your vast opportunities for selection of courses after your higher secondary education. There is a sea of options for all group of students, the only thing you needed is a good attitude to achieve the height. If you have a good result you will get admission fast for what you want. Science stream offers options and courses mainly in the Engineering and Medical sciences.

Take care about the approval and facilities of your selected college for medical or engineering. Qualifying in the entrance exam conducted by recognized bodies is another important thing too. Commerce and arts stream students also have lots of opportunities including various degree and diploma courses. Whatever be the stream of study you can appear for all the competitive exams offering jobs while you are performing your course itself.

career path advice for science stream students

Best courses and career options for the science stream students

1. Opportunities in Medical science

• MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)
  • BDS  (Bachelor in Dental Sciences)
  • B.V.S (Bachelor in Veterinary Sciences)
  • B.Pharm Bachelor of Pharmacy
  • Diploma course in Pharmacy (D.Pharmacy)
  • B.P.T (Bachelor in Physiotherapy),
  • B.H.M.S (Bachelor in Homeopathic Medicinal Sciences),
  • B.A.M.S (Bachelor in Ayurveda Medicinal Sciences)
  • Nursing (ANM, diploma in nursing, degree in nursing)
  • B.Sc. degree course in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Bio-chemistry, Bio-medical, botany, computers, food technology, geology, home science, microbiology, Polymer sciences, statistics, nutrition, environmental studies, agriculture including animal husbandry, veterinary science, dairy and poultry courses etc.

career opportunities for engineering students

2. Opportunities in engineering

The engineering segment is a  bright and ever green job offering field for the bright candidates. But now the engineering colleges are emerging as mushrooms as a part of the educational business. You can choose the following career options to study or work fine.

Indian Engineering Services (IES) offers candidates a bright career in segments like  Indian Railways,  Central Engineering Services, Telecommunication Department, Military Engineering Services,Central Water Services etc. You have to pass the Engineering Services Examination which is conducted by the UPSC.

• Computer Engineering
  • Petroleum Engineering
  • Plastic Technology
  • Polymer Engineering
  • Rubber Technology
  • Space Technology
  • Textile Industry

The engineering graduates will get jobs in Jobs in Public Sector Units (PSU), Research and development jobs, Teaching field, Prestigious private sector jobs, Civil Services, State Engineering Services, MBA, Banking Sector, Defense Services, Higher study options in abroad via GRE and GMAT and PG Career Opportunities through GATE.

After the successful passing of GATE you can choose Campus placements, PSU placements, Senior Project Associate, Teaching assignments, Senior and Junior Research Fellow, Research Associates, Scientists, Research and Development Wing etc.

Best courses and career options for the Commerce stream students

You can join for CA, it is a 5 year course after passing the CPT (Common Proficiency Test). During the study period itself you can try for various govenment jobs or you can work and earn if you are choosing a correspondent option.

• Chartered accountancy (CA) from Institute of Chartered Accountants
  • Costs and Works accountant from Institute of Cost and Works Accountancy (ICWA)
  • BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration)
  • Master of Business Administration(MBA)

Management or MBA offers you good opportunities in finance, sales-marketing, personnel management and international business. Just pass the CAT/XAT/MAT/FMS/IIFT/SNAP exams and dream big.

• Chartered financial analyst(CFA)
  • Company secretary (CS)

The course is extremely good and it will be easy for  the commerce students. Offered by the reputed various ICSI institutes across India.

• B.Com (Bachelor of Commerce)
  • five years integrated MBA course
  • banking courses
  • Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
  • bachelor of business management (BBM)
  • Fashion Technology from the National Institute of Fashion Technology
  • Hotel Management
  • Housekeeping courses

Arts-stream-studentsBest courses and career options for the Arts stream students

• Psychologist
  • Civil Litigation Lawyer
  • Legal Analyst
  • Media Personnel
  • School Teacher
  • College Professor/university Professor

Interested in Mathematics?

A degree in mathematics is always a strong point of you. You have a lots of job and career opportunities across the world. The nest ones are always invited in  segments like research, accounting, statistics, analysis of various accounts etc. If you are interested in teaching be a good maths teacher or go for further PG. Select the best one from below.

• Scientific research, design and development
  • Management services and computing
  • Financial work
  • Tax Inspectorate
  • Actuarial work
  • chartered accountants
  • opportunities in banking
  • Statistical work
  • Teaching
  • Postgraduate study

Interested in law?

If you are interested to build up a strong career in the field of law you have an option of 5 years course after the completion of 12th onward. The LLB course is controlled and  regulated by the Bar Council of India. Before getting admission think you have the capabilities to go up and ensure financial aid for study via scholarships and funds. You can choose any of the below role of a  lawyer based on your interest during study.

• Criminal Lawyer
  • Legal Journalist
  • Legal Adviser
  • Judge
  • Government Lawyer
  • Document Drafting Lawyer
  • Civil Litigation Lawyer
  • Legal Analyst

Interested in management field?

There is a wide opportunity for those study management courses. The jobs and placement options includes Party planning, Supply chain managing jobs, Quality assurance jobs, logistics segment works, Disaster management programs, Brand management works, Money and operations management offers, Sale, Marketing and market research, Purchasing and construction jobs, Industrial and real estate works, Consultancy and international business, HR and rural management jobs and Event/material/retail management works.

Interested in Banking and finance

Join for a suitable course and get highly paying salary in one of the job positions.

• Taxation and investment banking jobs
  • Forensic accounting and financial analysis
  • Mutual funds and insurance sector jobs
  • CA/cost and work accountancy jobs
  • Company secretary and capital market works

Career opportunities after vocational higher secondary education

There are two category of students included in the higher secondary education in Kerala. They are students from department of vocational higher secondary education and regular higher secondary education. Most of them have doubt regarding the career options and best courses for the students from Vocational higher secondary education. Vocational higher secondary education designed to prepare skilled work force in the middle level in occupation after 10+2 education.

The certificates obtained after course completing in vocational higher secondary education are equivalent to Pre-Degree of the Universities of Kerala, Calicut, Kannur and Mahatma Gandhi. The Kerala Agricultural University and many other Universities outside Kerala also recognized these courses as equivalent to +2 certificates. These students are also eligible for admission to medical, Engineering and agricultural courses as per the prospects published by the Commission for the Entrance Examinations.

List of important exams and options for all stream students

• UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) exams
  • IAS
  • Staff Selection Board
  • Railway boards
  • the Banking Selection Boards
  • National Defense Academy
  • Insurance exams

We are sure that our list of career options after plustwo or 12th standard will help you to sort out the best and most suitable course selection for your future. Kindly add comment  if you have any direct advice required from our side.

509 thoughts on “Best Courses and Career Options After Higher Secondary, Plus Two or 12th STD in India

1. Akhil
    April 16, 2018 at 11:07 pm

Sir iam plus two student.I like to become as a part of costoms department.Suggest me the best course.

2. Souvik chakraborty
    April 5, 2018 at 4:41 pm

SIR,
    I am a D.E.A.L.E.D (primary teacher trainer). I am a arts student(Bengali,English,Geography,Philosophy,Computer,Education).i am interested math and geography.I am know drawing,song.sir please give me a job.

3. siddique
    April 1, 2018 at 6:36 am

Hello, I am a +2 commerce student, I was interested in the interior designer, suggest me the good course

4. Poojith K Priyavas
    December 2, 2017 at 4:14 pm

I was a Plus two Biomaths student
    I love Physics related programes. just like finding new invention,ect..
    So Sir,Can you plz.. help me to find a good course which is suitable for my career

5. Abhijith
    September 21, 2017 at 2:06 pm

I am an engineering student at anna university. Bt now am not interested in this and getting really bored. Can you suggest me a good course related to media.. Pls hlp me to achieve a bright future..

6. aniket
    September 16, 2017 at 10:03 am

It is very helpful blog. It contains the useful information about the best career options after 12th. Thanks ..

7. Munna
    September 12, 2017 at 8:09 pm

Iam studying commerce. I can go piolt cource?

8. sagar thapa
    August 23, 2017 at 10:24 pm

Sir
    I am a student of management. I want to be a bank staff in future. Which course is better for me. plz tell me sir

9. SHAMSEER. A
    August 17, 2017 at 7:00 pm

sir can you help me pls call me sir

10. Aiswarya
    August 12, 2017 at 8:51 pm

Sir.
    I have completed plus 2. and now i am doing diploma in computer science in distant. I would like to continue my study. But i have no idea what to do next. I am interested in computer but not in B tech. pls suggest me some options.

1. VIPIN T
      August 18, 2017 at 1:52 pm

After completing the diploma you should be register in sd center kalamassery…after that sd center give a job oppurtunity in apprentiship

11. Naja
    August 2, 2017 at 10:08 pm

sir,Iam Naja iam a plus one commerce student i was studied kerala syllabus from7th to…. i have many dreams about me so pls help me to find which is the most scope job for me pls help me……

12. Alen saj
    August 1, 2017 at 7:18 am

Sir.
    I have completed plus 2. With 66% and i would like to study fire and safety. Can i get this opportunity to study. Sir please contact

13. Saikat Ghosh
    July 11, 2017 at 7:32 pm

I am a +2 student. I am interested in defense. So what can I do for my career. Please tell me.

14. Gaurav chapagain
    July 11, 2017 at 2:33 pm

sir, i am a student . i just passed plus 2..with science subject. i took computer science in class 11 with 85% and pure mathematics in 12 and now i would like to choose by carrier opportunity ..so i am confused what to choose for my carrier … so what is the best idea or the best courses to go further for my future plannings ??? i want to go through information and communication technology..Is is the best one that i choosed ??

15. Kriparaj
    June 22, 2017 at 1:58 pm

I am Kriparaj. I like to study btech software. But still i passed tenth std 78%. I not get computer science in hss but i get Ect in vhss so after plus one.

16. abdul salim
    June 13, 2017 at 8:59 pm

Hai sir
    I passed in plus two with 63% .my ambition aviation and fire and safety. please sir help me
    best collage in kerala to aviation or fire and safety
    i need a government collage

1. RAHUL R
      July 1, 2017 at 1:38 pm

sir please contact me.

17. Sneha nila
    June 5, 2017 at 10:34 pm

Sir I have completed 12 std. I like drawing and loved to draw cartoon. many suggested me to take animation course. what can I do?

1. Shahinsha
      July 5, 2017 at 11:40 am

You can go for civil engineering or B.Arch. I am a career guidance consultant. Thank you!

18. venki
    May 22, 2017 at 10:55 pm

Sir,
    I have passed plus two with 67%. I was Bioscience stream student. But I m not interested in talking science subject as core for degree course. Also I want to choose a simple course for which an average student can score better. Also it must have some scope too in getting a job. pls suggest me some options in choosing. Also can u pls suggest me some better colleges also for those courses?

19. indrajith
    May 21, 2017 at 8:09 pm

Am humanities student i totaly confused
    Sir plz Help me which course select me?

20. Riyas
    May 17, 2017 at 11:39 pm

Sir i passed plustwo humanities, i am very hurry about my carrier. I dont like degree courses , i need a short period courses. So, which is best for, pls giv me a reply. Tank you sir.

21. jophin vj
    May 17, 2017 at 7:57 pm

Sir I would like to know the job opportunities for a chemical engineer in india and out of india and the about the salary..can u plz help me

22. Anonymous
    May 16, 2017 at 6:02 pm

What are scop of the bba . Sure job

23. ajnas
    May 15, 2017 at 10:16 pm

I am passed +2 science with 80% mark.
    I’ve a dream.. become a IPS officer.
    Which course suitable for me?

24. Ammu
    May 15, 2017 at 11:25 am

I’m a +2 student I am not interested with the medical field,engineering field can you please help me to choose the right carrier for me I’m interested in arts

1. Touhidul Islam
      June 5, 2017 at 9:12 am

yeah..ofcourse u have. if u r not interested in medical or engineering you can choose to be as lawyer and for that you ought to take admission right now. And it may be your strong carrier. you can choose another option that is B.Sc in any royal subject.

2. Aryan
      June 10, 2017 at 1:51 pm

Call me.. I ll u help as much as possible…creative consultancy.

25. faz ahmad
    May 12, 2017 at 8:43 am

I PASSED PLUSTWO WITH 93%MARK BUT I HATE DEGREE, MBBS, ENGINEERING COURSES. WHAT COURSE I SHOULD OPT?
    Could you please inform me sir.

1. Anonymous
      May 15, 2017 at 7:44 pm

6 month marine fitter course is best to get a good job

26. mirash kt
    May 1, 2017 at 8:51 pm

hiii
    i am a plus 2 student i have no idea about my carrier and i am a bio it student can u help me pleasssss

1. abirami
      May 19, 2017 at 1:48 pm

how much of got it +2 marks say after we give to any ideas

27. jeyapandian.s.
    May 1, 2017 at 7:48 pm

Sir my grand daughter attend +2 this year
    Coming 12 may result also
    She study well
    Her family backround is poor also
    So what study to condinue
    She is a bio maths student
    Financial problem also
    If she go to study any course i take my self. But i am a retaired textile labour
    So please tell me a good answer to continue her study. In which course
    Too thank u sir

1. Ajmal azad
      May 9, 2017 at 8:39 pm

Diploma in bio medical
      Degree in arts BSC chemistry

28. sooraj
    April 30, 2017 at 2:19 pm

I have no idea after +2. i am very interest in hotel management field. can this works for me..

29. sahad
    April 26, 2017 at 8:48 am

sir,im passed plus two computer science with 65% marks, now am interested to do BCA, how is that course?

30. gnanam
    April 24, 2017 at 8:29 pm

Sir how to join space institute and studying pls reply

31. Archana
    April 22, 2017 at 8:28 pm

Sir ,i just wrote 10th board exam. Can you kindly let me know if there is any such schools in kerala which offers +1,+2 courses with robotics.

1. NC
      April 24, 2017 at 5:04 pm

I think you can choose mechatronics in NTTF… mechatronics is study of electronics + mechanic. You can join in NTTF after SSLC. There is lots of NTTF colleges in Kerala with placement facility. It is 4 Year study. Admission is based on mark of their entrance exam.

32. rajeshwar
    April 16, 2017 at 4:22 pm

sir i have no idea about course after 12th but i am interested in computer engineering it has job scope

33. Thasneem Asaf
    April 13, 2017 at 7:47 pm

Sir I’m a plus two commerce student.But I’m interested to study BA literature. So is this course good or should I select any other course?

34. Anu
    April 13, 2017 at 8:07 am

Iam interested in chemistry so l want to take biochemistry . So pls help to choose college and say the scope of biochemistry and job opportunities

35. SRADA R S NAIR
    April 7, 2017 at 9:28 pm

WHAT IS THE BEST OPTION AFTER PLUS TWO. THE OPINION PLEASE.

36. subhasri
    April 7, 2017 at 4:50 pm

I want to study genetic engineering whether this is a best course for my future

37. Jashan
    April 5, 2017 at 10:40 am

Sir i am +2 humanities student & I hope I get 90% marks and give me option for course that has many jobs

38. Amal
    March 30, 2017 at 7:57 am

sir my plus two is over….waiting for result..I hope I will get 75% minimum…what should I opt for degree.,,which course have more job opportunities …plz help me out

39. pranav
    March 23, 2017 at 11:26 am

sir im a plus two science student, i like the job of forest and wild life,so thudarnnu padikkanda course onnu parayamo

40. juju
    March 20, 2017 at 4:18 pm

Thank you.

41. GREESHMA
    March 6, 2017 at 6:32 pm

I PASSED PLUSTWO WITH 83%MARK BUT I HATE DEGREE ,MBBS,ENGINEERING COURSES.WHAT COURSE I SHOULD OPT?

1. Nid
      March 6, 2017 at 9:43 pm

Try bfarm or library science…

2. Fazil
      March 25, 2017 at 5:45 pm

Go ahead with Chartered Accountancy course

42. Suhail
    March 5, 2017 at 11:03 am

Hi I don’t know what should I take after +2 can u help me

1. Anonymous
      March 15, 2017 at 12:39 pm

Go for customers officer

43. srinath
    February 17, 2017 at 6:01 pm

Sir. Complted +12 and dme. Next iam confused to what want to do next. Iam confuesd

44. Abhishek A
    January 26, 2017 at 11:18 am

hi iam Abhishek
    I am 2 biomaths student
    my fav. subject is maths
    plz prefer me a good course plz…
    plz don’t ignore…

45. vishakh.v.s
    January 17, 2017 at 8:13 am

Sir… I completed my +2 55% mark…I like to do b.sc fashion designing or hotel management…. Which course is suitable for me… I am waiting for your reply.

46. Alvin john
    January 13, 2017 at 8:39 pm

Hello, Iam a +2 science student, i was interested in architectural works, suggest me good course

47. JIFFAN
    December 2, 2016 at 7:11 pm

Sir I am a plus 2 science student I want to become a software engineer which course I want to take for higher studies

1. teena
      December 5, 2016 at 12:08 pm

you can take btech Computer science.

48. sapna
    November 20, 2016 at 9:06 pm

what can i do after +2

49. sarath
    October 23, 2016 at 8:49 pm

sir,i’m interested in zoology subject,can you suggest a good career course to me?

50. aleena
    October 15, 2016 at 7:19 am

good site very help full

1. mani
      February 23, 2017 at 12:43 pm

Bsc(math) what next plz help

51. rameez raufk
    October 7, 2016 at 11:06 pm

Sir,
    I am studying in class 12
    I am interested in maths
    But I don’t want to become a teacher

52. Ersha Mohan
    September 28, 2016 at 9:43 pm

Sir I am studying in plus two now. I passed plus one with 97% mark.Can you suggest jobs with higher opportunities in Europe?

53. Hema
    September 13, 2016 at 8:10 pm

I am a arts student. But, my aim is to join navvy. I am totally confused about it. But, I will do my +2 well and I have to take a step..!

1. kabir
      September 25, 2016 at 1:45 pm

thanx for the chose navvy

54. Vaishnav vm
    August 13, 2016 at 8:58 pm

Sir,i m a student of 2 biology science.i m intrested in robotics,can you please sugest a better course for my future

1. abhinav
      November 11, 2016 at 8:07 pm

mechatronics it deals with robotics

55. Asish Sarkar
    August 7, 2016 at 2:20 am

sir,, I passed hs(scicnce) taking 88%. please suggest me about my career, what will be better to do, sir please reply, as soon as you can,.