Last updated on June 28th, 2018 at 08:32 am
Best Scholarships Offered by Government of India
A Scholarships is a great financial benefit for a student who have problems with the money for continuing education. Below we are listing the Best Scholarships Offered by Government of India for poor students. There is also many other non governmental Scholarships for students who are in a need. Each one is specified specific category of students. Here below you can find full details and eligibility criteria about each Scholarships.
National Scholarship for Persons with Disabilities (2008-2009)
National Scholarship for Persons with Disabilities is one of the important Scholarship offered by Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment. This is mainly for those students with disabilities seeking financial assistance for pursuing higher and technical education. This is given for one student with disability for pursuing only one course at a time. Blind / deaf graduate and postgraduate students will also receives Financial assistance for computer with editing software.
List of enclosures (attested copies only)
- Academic records (Attested copy of certificates and Mark sheets)
- Family Income Certificate / Proof of annual income
- Attested copy of Disability Certificate
- Course fee receipt (if any)
- Hostel Certificate or certificate from the house owner in case of accommodation
National Scholarship for Persons with Disabilities is divided under many categories like Students with orthopedic disability, Students with blindness or low vision, Students with hearing disability, Students with Cerebral palsy, Mental Retardation, Multiple Disabilities, Profound or Severe Hearing Impairment etc. Upto five hundred awards are offering for these students through institutions in which students are carrying studies/courses. The awards ranging from Rs. 400 to 1,000 per month to be given annually and maximum of Rs. 10,000/- also offers as course fee.
- Students with 40% disabilities certified as per definition under Persons with Disabilities Act 1995.
- Applicable for those choosing listed post-Matric/Post-Secondary technical and professional courses only
- Continuation / renewal of the award based on preceding year performance (not less than 50% marks)
- Should not hold any other scholarship/stipend while receiving the National Scholarship for Persons with Disabilities.
- Monthly family income of the beneficiary should not be more than Rs. 15000/-.
National Merit-cum- Means Scholarship Scheme
National Merit-cum- Means Scholarship Scheme is made to provide financial assistance to the poor and meritorious students. The students selected should be belonging to minority communities. This is done to enable them to pursue professional and technical courses without problems with money for education. It is available for studies in India. This is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme was launched in May, 2008.
They are offering 82,000 scholarships in an year (41,000 for boys and girls each). These are awarded for graduate/postgraduate level students in colleges/universities who is carrying professional courses (Medical, Engineering etc.). The offering is, Rs. 1,000 per month at graduation level also offered for first three years. National Merit-cum- Means Scholarship Scheme offering Rs. 2000 per month at Post graduation level. In case of those carrying out professional courses gets Rs. 2,000 per month in 4th and 5th year also.
- Students should be from Meritorious students from low income families
- Students at least secured minimum of 80% of marks in 10+2 pattern or equivalent
- Selected candidate should not belonging to the creamy layer as per Dept. of Personnel and Training
- Student must maintains good conduct and takes up studies in approved courses
- Parental income of the students should not be more than Rupees One Lakh,Fifty Thousand per annum from all sources.
Post-matric scholarship for students belonging to Scheduled Castes for studies in India
Post-matric scholarship for students belonging to Scheduled Castes for studies in India is fixed with the objective, to provide financial assistance to the Scheduled Caste students. This is applicable for those studying at post matriculation or post-secondary stage to enable them to complete their education.
Post-matric scholarship for students belonging to Scheduled Castes for studies in India are available for studies in India only. This is an open scholarship to the nationals of India. The amount will be available only for post-matriculation or post-secondary courses. Under this offering Full maintenance allowance, full fee for all courses, annual study tour charges (Rs. 1,000). Research/thesis typing/printing charges of Rs. 1,000 etc. also allowed.
- The candidate should belong to Scheduled Castes
- Candidate Should be passed the Matriculation or Higher Secondary or any higher examination of a recognized University or Board of Secondary Education
- Students pursuing Post Graduate courses in medicine also eligible if they are not allowed to practice during course
- Students who carrying their studies through correspondence courses are also eligible for apply
- The income of parents/guardians from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2,00,000/- (Rupees two lakh only) per annum
Indian Oil Academic Scholarships
Indian Oil Academic Scholarships for Students of 10+/ITI, Engineering, MBBS & MBA Courses on merit-cum-means basis. Total of 2000 Scholarships are offered for 10+/ITI students. This is distributed equally distributed in all states based on “Number of students who appeared for 10th Standard examination.
IndianOil Scholarships Scheme for Graduate and Post-Graduate studies offering 600 scholarships to students pursuing professional courses. The eligibility criteria is for Students pursuing full time/regular courses in these streams.
- The Gross Joint income of the family of the student from all sources not exceed Rs. 1,00,000/- (Rupees One Lakh only) per annum.
- Minimum 15 years and maximum 30 years as age limit
- 49.5% scholarships are reserved i.e. SC(15%), ST(7.5%) & OBC (27%)
- The student should not be receiving any other scholarship/stipend/financial aid from any other source
National Talent Search Scheme by NCERT
The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) brought the National Talent Search Scheme in the year 1963 which is mainly for the identification of talented students. Those are selected via exams and awarding them with scholarships. This is applicable and available for all the states and the union territories in the country.
All the scholarships were awarded on the basis of a written examination and another project report and interview. National Science Talent Search Scheme (NSTSS) exam is the most prestigious exams in India. The written examination includes Science Aptitude Test and an Essay about scientific theme. Total of 1000 scholarships will be awarded. The amount of scholarship will be Rs.500/- per month for student.
Selection Process criteria and Guidelines
- Total of 15% scholarships reserved for students belonging to the SC category
- 7.5% scholarships for ST category and 3% reserved for Physically Challenged Group of Students
- There is two-stage selection process for award of scholarship
- Those who pass Stage one only allowed to attend Stage-II examination, conducted by NCERT.
- Stage II examination at the National level includes Mental Ability Test (MAT), (b) Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
- Results of the Stage-I examination announced by the respective State Governments/ Union Territories
- Results of Stage-II examination declared by NCERT.