Last updated on July 7th, 2018 at 09:37 am
Buddha Statue in Forest Pak Chong, Thailand
Pak Chong is the westernmost district (Amphoe) in the province of Nakhon Ratchasima in the northeast of Thailand. In the past, this area was part of the Tambon Phra Khanong Thuek Chan district (which is now the district Sikhio).
In 1949, Ban Pak Chong at Tambon Pak Chong has been updated. It was on a small district (King Amphoe) 1 January 1957, consisting of four sub-districts of Pak Chong, Chanthuek, Klong Dan and Si Mu  was eventually upgraded to an entire neighborhood in July 1958.
In the reign of King Chulalongkorn (Rama V) in the construction of the North Eastern Railway through the area, Yung Nok Noi and the mountain was by a canal (Chong Thai) destroyed the railroad. Then the people of the town of Pak Chong, ie the opening of the channel.
Pak Chong district is the largest area of Nakhon Ratchasima. Neighboring districts are (from north clockwise) Sikhio, Wang Nam khiao Nakhon Ratchasima, Nakhon Nayok Mueang the province of Nakhon Nayok, Prachinburi Prachantakham Lek in Saraburi province and Muak province.
The district is the gateway to the North East (ISAN), Thailand’s central region, is considered the most important passage through the mountain range in the southern part of the district Sankamphaeng. The southern regions of the county are part of the first and largest national park in Thailand, Khao Yai. Within the park is the origin of Takhong River, a tributary of the Mun River. The Takhong is the main source of water for the city of Nakhon Ratchasima.