Hindustan Motors Ambassador
Hindustan Motors Ambassador Review
The Ambassador car launched in India by the Hindustan Motors in 1957. Whenever people think about the India its the only picture always came in to their mind. There is a lot of Ambassador lovers in India and in foreign countries still now. even though lot of new car brands and companies came with different models of cars the there is no one is as perfect for Indian road like our Ambassador.
The car made based on Morris Oxford model. This 4 door sedan is powered by a diesel/petrol and CNG engines offers good performance and mileage. From exterior it features finest finishing of smooth lines from front to rear. This car has a unique and distinctive design with round halogen headlamps and taillights. Read about the elegant Hindustan Motors Ambassador in detail below.
Top Technical Specifications
- Diesel/petrol and CNG engine options
- 5-speed, Manual Gearbox
- 5 Person Seating Capacity
- 1817 cc, CNG/petrol engine
- 1995 cc, Diesel engine
- 75 bhp @ 5000 RPM power from CNG/petrol engine
- 52 bhp @ 4200 RPM power from Diesel engine
- 160 Nm @ 2200 RPM Max Torque
- Around 12-14 kmpl Mileage
Engine performance and Mileage
Hindustan Motors Ambassador available in 3 engine choices, petrol, diesel and CNG engine options. All these models are mated with a 5-speed, Manual Gearbox. 1817 cc, CNG/petrol engine producing 75 bhp @ 5000 RPM power and 160 Nm @ 2200 RPM Max Torque on ride. 1995 cc, Diesel engine makes 52 bhp @ 4200 RPM power on ride. You will get 12-14 kmpl Mileage on ride. 12.8kmpl from petrol variants, 10.94kmpl from CNG variants and 13.5kmpl from those diesel variants.
Other Top Technical Specifications
- 2464 mm Wheelbase
- 152 mm Ground Clearance
- 1200 kg Kerb Weight
- 54 litres Fuel Tank Capacity
- Independent upper and lower arms Suspension:Front
- Semi – elliptical springs Suspension:Rear
- Front disc and rear drum brakes
- 5.4 metres Turning Radius
- Helical Rack & Pinion Steering Type
- 165 / 80 R15 -175 / 80 R15 Tyres
Safety and Comfort on Ride
There is no much safety and comfort features in Ambassador as what you see in modern cars. It features a strong body than any other modern car is its main highlight. Other features includes Heater, music system (optional), 12V Power Outlets, Power Windows etc. Hindustan Motors recently, few days back announced the new launch of BSIV compliant diesel version of Ambassador in India soon packed with a 1.5-litre BSIV diesel engine.
Available Petrol variants
- Hindustan Motors Ambassador claasic 1800 Isz Mpfi
- Hindustan Motors Ambassador claasic 1800 Isz Mpfi Ps
- Hindustan Motors Ambassador claasic 2000 Dsz
- Hindustan Motors Ambassador claasic 1800 Isz Mpfi AC
- Hindustan Motors Ambassador claasic 1800 ISZ MPFI AC PS
- Hindustan Motors Ambassador grand 1800 ISZ MPFI
- Hindustan Motors Ambassador grand 1800 ISZ MPFI PW CL
- Hindustan Motors Ambassador Avigo 1800 ISZ MPFI AC
Available Diesel variants
- Ambassador classic mark 4
- Hindustan Motors Ambassador grand 2000 DSZ
- Hindustan Motors Ambassador claasic 2000 DZS AC
- Hindustan Motors Ambassador Avigo 2000 DSZ
Available CNG variants
- Hindustan Motors Ambassador claasic 1800 Isz Cng
- Hindustan Motors Ambassador claasic 1800 Isz AC Cng
- Oyster Blue
- Jet Black
- Crystal White
- Lunar Silver
- Fire Brick Red
- Ecru Beige
Hindustan Motors Ambassador Price in India: Rs. 4.12 – 6.26 lakhs (Ex-showroom, Delhi).
- Available Petrol variants Rs. 4,46,816 to 5,54,426/-.
- Available Diesel variants Rs. 4,64,526 to 6,04,113/-.
- Available CNG variants Rs. 4,31,112 to 4,68,343/-.