Last updated on July 17th, 2018 at 11:29 am
Online Application for New Pan Card in India
What is PAN? It is known as the “Permanent Account Number” which is composed of ten-digit alphanumeric number on a laminated card by the Income Tax Department. Eg: for a typical PAN is AABPS1205E. The importance of pan card comes on return of income, all activities involving income tax authority.
From January 2005 income tax department made the PAN card number entry mandatory with all challans. The other uses includes in financial transactions, hotels and restaurants sale and purchase of immovable property, travel to any foreign country, motor vehicle payments more than Rs. 25,000/-.
Now a days it is important to have this number telephone or cellular telephone connection and deposit exceeding Rs. 50,000/-. On the website of the Income Tax department there is option for pan card verification. Having more than one PAN card is against the low and not allowed.
If you want to apply for new PAN there is authorized UTI Investor Services Ltd (UTIISL) by the Income Tax department in all cities and towns. In this article you can read the guidelines and complete steps for Online Application for New PAN based on the Pan card application form 49A of Income Tax PAN Services Unit.
Direct Application Submission for PAN
PAN application need to made on the Form A49, this is the PAN application form. If you are wish to apply direct for PAN, first You download the application form the official website of website of Income Tax department or UTIISL or NSDL.
Paste recent color photograph, provide the signature/thumb impression, correct AO code, Proof of Identity (POI) and Proof of Address (POA), POI and POA, details of Representative Assessee, complete postal address, correct pin code, telephone number / e- mail id etc. The print should be on A4 size 70 GSM paper, fill it and submit.
Do You Know These Things About PAN
- You can apply for a new PAN card via internet as online
- The charge for PAN online application is Rs. 96/-
- You can pay application fee via check, demand draft, credit/debit card or net-banking
- After the accepting of application and payment you will receive an acknowledgement
- Send identity proof and address along with the acknowledgement to NSDL/UTITSL via courier/post
- Pan card will be then sent t your home after receiving this by authority
Steps for Online PAN Card Application
- Visit the official website of Income Tax PAN Services Unit. Read and understand the guidelines and then enter to the site for online application.
- In the new page you can see the option as”New PAN for Indian citizens (form 49A)”. Click on it and then click over the “Online Application for New PAN (Form 49A)” option in the new page.
- You will reach in a new page and here you can see lt of instructions and guidelines for your application filling and other procedure. Go to the bottom of the page and here you can see “Apply for a new PAN Card”. Here below click and choose the ” Individual” option.
- Now you are directed to a new page with heading as “Application for Allotment of Permanent Account Number”, this is the form 49A.
- The field which are marked as asterisk (*) are mandatory. The list of field you must fill are given below.
The Mandatory fields You Must Fill on Application
- Select the appropriate category if you are a Defense Personnel
- Area Code, AO Type, Range Code, AO Number
- Full Name(Initials are not permitted in first and last name)
- Name you would like printed on the card
- Gender and Date of Birth
- Father’s Name (Even married women should give father’s name only)
- Address and Address for communication
- Telephone No. (Country code is compulsory)
- Status of the Applicant (Individual)
- Nature of business/ profession, Salary details, source of income
- Documents enclosed ( proof of identity, proof of address, proof of address of representative assessee.
- I/We declaration of what is stated above is true (with place and date)
To fill area code, range code, AO type and AO number
- To fill area code, range code, AO type and AO number please click over the “For Non International Taxation AO details” at the top right side of the application form. You will be guided to a new page and here you can search your city name by clicking over the correct starting alphabet of your city name.
- The next page will show the search results and you need to click over your city name, in the new page you can found list of your area code, range code, AO type and AO number. Identify the right one for your Ward/Circle/Range/ Commissioner and fill on the form. If you have any doubt or difficulty in identifying the correct circle please take help from friend/relative with PAN card who lives in your area, and then fill it properly.
- Submit the application after filling all. A confirmation screen shows filled by the applicant will be displayed at the end of successful submission. If you are unclear about error you can again edit/confirm it.
Steps to fill and send the Acknowledgement
- After submission of application you will get an acknowledgement and it will be displayed unique 15-digit acknowledgement number. You need to save and print this acknowledgement for future reference.
- Signature and thumb Impression: ‘Individual’ applicants need to paste two recent color photographs with white background in the acknowledgement. Put Signature / Left Thumb Impression only in the given box of acknowledgement. In case of thumb impression use it should be attested by a Magistrate or a Notary Public or a Gazetted Officer.
- If your Communication Address is within India you only need to pay fee for processing PAN application is Rs. 96.00/-.You can pay via Demand Draft/Cheque/Credit Card / Debit Card/Net Banking. In case of foreign address the mode payment should be via Credit Card / Debit card and Demand Draft payable at Mumbai.
- Demand draft and cheque you need to send should be drawn in favour of ‘NSDL – PAN’. If communication Address is outside India The total fee for processing PAN application is Rs. 962.00/-.
- Attach the proof of identity, the name in the application should be same as in the proof of identity) & proof of address. The proof for address as specified in the application form is to be sent to NSDL in the given below address.
Address fr the Application to be sent
Income Tax PAN Services Unit
NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited, 5th floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341
Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony
Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411016′
- The envelop must supper scribe as ” APPLICATION FOR PAN” and “Acknowledgement Number” (Eg: ” APPLICATION FOR PAN” – 1234567890) and send via courier, speed post, etc. Please note it should send Within 15 days from the date of online application in a way that your acknowledgement, Demand Draft, if any, and proofs will reach in the NSDL. Those Applications received with demand draft or cheque processed only after receipt of relevant prof for payment.
- The PAN card You can receive at your home in about two weeks after this procedure.
Track your PAN Card application status
- You can also track the status of PAN card in India after 24 hour to three days of application by using your unique 15 digit acknowledgment number.
- There is also provision for reprint of PAN card/Changes or correction in PAN in the same duration using this same number
- Enter the details in the given field correctly. Fill application type, acknowledgment number, Name (first name, middle name and last name) and Date of birth. After completing this click on “Submit” button.