How to Change Aadhaar Card Details Online – Steps to Correct Aadhaar Card Mistakes
Aadhaar card is an important document with unique 12-digit Identification number, which is issued for the purpose of providing unique identification for every person. If your aadhaar card has some some mistake, then you can correct it by submitting your request for correction Online.
List of Data that can be corrected are,
- Mobile Number
- Email id
Steps to Change Details/Correct Mistakes on your Aadhar card
- Visit the UIDAI- Official website, https://uidai.gov.in/
- Select ‘Update Aadhaar Details’ from Aadhaar update list
- In the next page click on ‘Click here’ button
- There will be four application web pages
- first one is ‘Login with Aadhaar’, enter your aadhaar number and click ‘Send OTP’/ ‘enter TOTP’ button
- If you have selected OTP, you will receive a One Time Password(OTP) on your mobile number. Otherwise you will get a Time-based One-Time Password(TOTP)
- enter OTP/ TOTP and click ‘Login’
- Now you will be directed to ‘Data Update Request’ page. Select fields which you want to update/correct
- Click on ‘Submit’, a form will be displayed to enter the data for update
- Fill the form and click ‘Submit Update Request’
- You will get your given data in the next page. Review the page, if you need to modify the data again click ‘Modify’ button
- else confirm it and click ‘Proceed’
- Next page is ‘Document Upload’. Choose document to be uploaded and upload the document. Then click ‘Submit’ button
- A confirmation dialogue will appear to check if your document is original scanned copy and valid. Click ‘Yes’ if your document satisfy the condition.
- In the ‘BPO Service Provider Selection and Request Submission’ page
- Choose one of the Average request processing time: Aegis(1 days 9 hours) and Karvy(2 days 1 hours)
- Click ‘Submit’ button
- Now you will get Aadhaar card Update Request Number. If you need you can print or download file.