How to Know Your PF Balance Online In India
The Employees’ Provident Fund Organization is a statutory body under ministry of Labour and employment, Government of India. The programme covers the whole Indians except those from Jammu and Kashmir. The benefits of this programme is focused for all employees in factories and other establishments.
A tri-partite Board includes central board of Trustees, employees provident fund and representatives from government, employers and employees. The board offers provident fund, pension scheme and an insurance scheme for the workers in India. This is considered as one of the world’s largest organizations with offices at 120 locations in India. The board deals with the three schemes Viz :-
- Employees’ Provident Fund Scheme, 1952
- Employees’ Pension Scheme, 1995
- Employees’ Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme, 1976
The Employees’ Provident Fund Scheme, 1952 offers benefits of interest upon retirement, resignation , death and Partial withdrawals for specific expenses. The Employees’ Pension Scheme, 1995 offers Monthly benefits for widow/children, Amount of pension, Past service benefit etc. The third one Employees’ Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme, 1976 offers benefits like death benefit to the family up to maximum Rs. 1,30,000/-. Below you can understand the steps of :Know Your EPF Balance Online”.
Know Your EPF Balance Online: Steps
“Know Your EPF Balance” online service launched on 01/07/2011 in India. Through visiting the official website of The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation you can easily check your EPF balance.
Check your “Revised PF Establishment Code”
- Check your “Revised PF Establishment Code” before proceeding to the official site. Because the PF establishment code recently changed for many employers.
- Now You will be directed to the new page with heading as “Establishment Information Search”. Here you have to fill the field ” I also know the establishment code”. To do so enter your company code which is usually seen along with your PF number. For eg: MH/67890/3456 is your PF number then “67890″ will be your company code. You just leave the extension field blank and click on “search” option to view your “establishment code”.
Visit the official website of The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation
- Visit the official website of The Employees’ Provident Fund Organization.
- The home page of this site provided with option for “Know Your EPF Balance” online. Click on it and you will be guided to the next window.
- In the new page you can see that list of instructions given for checking your EPF balance online. Read full and understand the procedure. Then click over the link given at the bottom of the page.
Select Your State and EPFO office
- Now you will be directed to the next new page with heading as ” Member Balance Information”. Here you have to enter your state/fill the “Select PF Office State “. The EPFO office is where your account is maintained.
- Total 120 offices listed in the category and choose your state and then, there will be available names of offices in your state, choose the district level office for your use and click on it.
Fill Your PF Account Details
- Now after this successful step you will be directed to another page with heading “Member Balance Information”. Here you have to provide details like “Employee PF Account Number”, “Name (as appears in EPF Slip)” and “Mobile number”.
- While filling the ” Employee PF Account Number”, there will be total of five boxes and the first two will be prefilled based on your selection of state and PF office.
Enter Establishment Code
- The third box is asking for the “establishment code” (7 digits), that we have gathered already in the first step, enter it here and then fourth box which is asking for “extension”, just leave it blank if no extension code and fill the fifth box. In the fifth box enter your PF account number which is a 7 digits (max) number.
- Eg: in the PF number “MH/456789/534” 456789 is your Establishment code and 534 is your account number. After this enter “Name (as appears in EPF Slip)” and “Mobile number”.
- Click Here to check the Establishment code by employer name if you don’t know the code.
Agree and Submit The Information
- After completing this click over the ” I Agree” option and press over “Submit” button.
- The information regarding your PF balance will be sent through SMS within five minutes to the given mobile number after successful completion of information.
Sample SMS Format
- Eg: of SMS format: “EPF balance in Account number < Account number > is EE (Employee Balance) amount: Rs. *****, ER (Employer balance) amount: Rs. ****** as on > last PF date> (Accounts updated upto day/month/year)