How to Do GST Registration Process In India Online
Registration under Goods and Service Tax (GST) has just started in India. Every business carrying out a taxable supply of goods or services with turnover exceeds Rs. 20 lakh (Rest of India) / 10 Lakh (North East India) required to register and need to pay tax. GST Registration have many advantages. They are Legally recognized as supplier of goods or services.
There will be Proper accounting of taxes paid on the input goods or services. Sellers are Legally authorized to collect tax from his purchasers. A person without GST registration can neither collect GST from his customers. Here you can read an article about How to Do GST Registration Process In India Online with Steps to Get GST Number.
Eligibility Criteria for GST registration in India
- Aggregate turnover requirement for GST registration in North East India is Rs 9 Lakhs
- Aggregate turnover requirement for GST registration in rest of India is Rs 19 Lakhs
- Liability for Payment of Tax in North East India is Rs 10 Lakhs
- Liability for Payment of Tax in rest of India is Rs 20 Lakhs
Who Should Do GST Registration?
Those with annual aggregate turnover above 20 Lakhs (Rs. 10 Lakhs for North-Eastern States) need to do GST registration. Those Currently registered under existing indirect tax regimes irrespective of the threshold limit and those performing Business in multiple states or multiple business verticalsin one state also need register.
Those Agents of a supplier and Input Service Distributor and Those Supplying goods or services through E-commerce need to register. all E-commerce Operator/ Aggregator, Those with Inter-State taxable supply, Casual taxable persons & Non-resident taxable persons and Those Required to pay tax under Reverse Charge or Required to deduct tax at source also must register for GST.
Steps to Get GST Number – Registration process
- Visit the GST portal of Central Government of India
- Enter PAN, mobile number and email address in Part A of Form GST REG–01 on the GSTN portal and submit this form.
- The PAN is verified in the portal. The Mobile number and E-mail address are verified you will get a one-time password (OTP)
- You will also get an application reference number on the registered mobile number and via E-mail
- An acknowledgement will be issued to the applicant in FORM GST REG-02 electronically
- Now you can fill Part- B of Form GST REG-01 with the reference number
- Submit the form after attaching required documents (Listed below)
- PAN card
- Photographs of proprietor, partners, managing trustee, committee etc
- Proof of constitution
- Partnership deed, registration certificate
- Details and proof of place of business
- Cancelled cheque of your bank account with account holder name, MICR code, IFSC code and bank branch details
- Authorized signatory
- Form GST REG-03 will be issued to you, If additional information is required. You have to respond in Form GST REG-04 with required information within 7 working days.
- If you have provided all required information, the certificate of registration in Form GST REG-06 will be issued within 3 days. This is must for your future needs.
- If the details submitted are not satisfactory, the registration application will be rejected via Form GST REG-05.
List of Special Category States
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh