How to Get an Indian e-Tourist Visa (e-TV) for an International Traveller
Each and Every Passport Holder of any country should get a visa before travelling to India. This is the must have entry requirement for India. Those British or US or any other citizens who meet the eligibility criteria can apply for an e-Tourist Visa (e-TV). e-Tourist Visa application is completely online and for which no facilitation is required by any intermediary / agents etc.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for Indian e-Tourist Visa (e-TV)
This is applicable for All International Travellers
International Travellers are only allowed to visit India for various purposes like recreation, short duration medical treatment, sight seeing, casual visit to meet friends or relatives, or casual business visit. Their Passport should have at least six months validity. This is applicable from the date of arrival in India. The passport should have at least two blank pages for stamping. This will be done by the Immigration Officer. All International Travellers should have return ticket or onward journey ticket.
This should be taken with sufficient money to spend during the stay in India. Those International Travellers having Pakistani Passport or Pakistani origin need to apply for regular Visa at Indian Mission. e-Tourist Visa (e-TV) option not available to Diplomatic/Official Passport Holders. e-Tourist Visa (e-TV) option also not available to individuals endorsed on Parent’s/Spouse’s Passport and Not available to International Travel Document Holders.
Instructions for Indian e-Tourist Visa (e-TV)
e-Tourist Visa (e-TV) applicants of the eligible countries can apply online minimum 4 days in advance of the date of arrival. There is window of 30 days. You need Recent front facing photograph with white background and photo page of Passport. This should contain all personal details like name,date of birth, nationality , expiry date etc. These documents should be uploaded by the applicant.
The application can be rejected if the uploaded document and photograph are not clear / as per recommendation. E-tourist Visa fees is specific for each countries (min $00 and max $60). There will be additional Bank transaction charges of 2.5%. You can pay the fee at least 4 days before the expected date of travel otherwise application will not be processed.
Keep in mind that this eTV fee once submitted is non-refundable on either Grant or Rejection of VISA. During the process Applicant should carry a copy of eTV at the time of travel. Biometric details will be captured at Immigration on arrival in India. The validity of visa will be 30 days from the date of arrival in India. List of 16 designated Airports in which eTV is valid for entry is given below. The foreigner can take exit from any of the authorized Immigration Check Posts (ICPs) in India.
16 designated Airports in which eTV is valid for entry
e-Tourist Visa (eTV) is only allowed for a maximum of two visits in a calendar year. Once this is issued on arrival it is single entry type, non-extendable, non-convertible & not valid for visiting Protected/Restricted and Cantonment Areas. Status of their application can track online by clicking visa status by the applicant.
Another important thing you have to take care while applying is, If the number of unsuccessful attempts is more than three (03), then the application will be blocked. So you may need to apply afresh by filling the application form again. This takes regenerating a new application id also. The Visa fee payment status updation may take up to 2-4 hours.
Nationals coming from Yellow Fever affected countries must carry YELLOW FEVER VACCINATION CARD at the time of arrival in India. If you don’t have a card, then you may be quarantined for 6 days upon arrival in India. For any assistance you can call 24 * 7 Visa support center at +91-11-24300666 or email to email@example.com
The Documents Required for Indian e-Tourist Visa (e-TV)
- Scanned First Page of Passport (Format -PDF & Size : Minimum 10 KB ,Maximum 300 KB)
- Digital photograph (Format – JPEG & Size : Minimum 10 KB and Maximum 1 MB)
The height and width of the Photo must be equal. Photo should present Full face, front view, eyes open. Center head within frame and present full head from top of hair to bottom of chin. Background should be plain light colored or white background. No shadows on the face or on the background. This should be Without borders.
e-Tourist Visa Facility Available Countries/territories
- Albania, Andorra, Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria
- Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria
- Cambodia, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Island, Chile, China, China- SAR Hongkong, China- SAR Macau, Colombia, Comoros, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cote d’lvoire, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic
- Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic
- East Timor, Ecuador, El Salvador, Eritrea, Estonia
- Fiji, Finland, France
- Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guyana
- Haiti, Honduras, Hungary
- Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel
- Jamaica, Japan, Jordan
- Kenya, Kiribati
- Laos, Latvia, Lesotho, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg
- Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Mozambique, Myanmar
- Namibia, Nauru, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niue Island, Norway
- Palau, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal
- Republic of Korea, Republic of Macedonia, Romania, Russia
- Saint Christopher and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent & the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland
- Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tonga, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos Island, Tuvalu
- UAE, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Uruguay, USA
- Vanuatu, Vatican City-Holy See, Venezuela, Vietnam
- Zambia and Zimbabwe