Aadhaar Card – Mobile SIM Linking
For all mobile phone connections, Aadhaar card should be mandatory linked with the SIM card. This decision was taken by the Government to avoid criminals, fraudsters, and terrorists from faulty use of SIM cards in the name of ordinary citizens.
According to UIDAI or Unique Identification Authority of India this 12-digit biometrics-based Unique Identity Number (UID) should be linked with mobile numbers. Telecom companies are started to send alerts to customers about this.
Here is the complete information about Aadhaar Card-Mobile SIM Linking process with step by step procedure instructions and Deadline. Linking Aadhaar card with your mobile number is made easy by implementation of new ways from December 1.
This can be done in three new modes. You can do this without visiting the stores of the telecom companies and there is no need to give finger prints to local SIM card retailer. According to UIDAI CEO Ajay Bhushan Pandey, there are three methods available.
Methods for Aadhaar Card-Mobile SIM Linking
- OTP- or One-Time Password-based linking
- App-based linking
- Aadhaar linking via an IVRS facility
- Visit the respective web portal of mobile service provider and you can enter the mobile number which needs to re-verify.
- Now the service provider will generate an OTP on the entered mobile number.
- You have to enter this on the website.
- Then a consent message, as per Aadhaar Act, will be displayed on the website.
- Here, you can enter your Aadhaar number after checking the consent box.
- Now the service provider will generate an OTP request to UIDAI
- You will then get an OTP on the mobile number you have already registered with Aadhaar.
- Just enter this to re-verify your SIM with Aadhaar.
Bharti Airtel also prescribed its offers options for its prepaid and postpaid subscribers to achieve Aadhaar-SIM linking. For those with postpaid connections are required to visit the nearest Airtel Store. The prepaid customers can also visit their nearest retailer. Last date for this is 6th Feb 2018.
All you need to complete the process is your aadhaar card/number and your Mobile number. Just ensure to Complete biometric verification and a you will get a verification code (OTP) on your Mobile that would be required to complete the process
Customers of Idea Cellular need to go through four steps to link their Aadhaar with mobile number.
- Visit nearest Idea centre and give your mobile number and Aadhaar number.
- A four-digit verification code sent to your mobile from the re-verification application.
- You can provide the verification code to the Idea store executive and offer biometrics.
- After 24 hours, you will get a confirmation SMS and reply ‘Y’ to complete the EKYC process.
You can seamlessly link your two most important numbers, Aadhaar and mobile. to do this Follow these steps:
- Visit your nearest authorized Vodafone retailer With your active SIM and Aadhar number.
- You will receive a verification code on your mobile. Share this code with your retailer.
- Complete biometric validation on our e-KYC device by scanning your fingerprint.
- Your verification will be completed within 24 hours. You will receive an SMS for confirmation. Reply “NO” If you don’t want to verify your number
This service is under progress and not available yet.
*TSP: Telecom Service Provider
- You can call the respective TSP IVR through the mobile number that needs to be re-verified.
- There will be a consent message, after listening to that you can provide Aadhaar number.
- If you have an Aadhaar registered mobile number, an OTP request will be sent to UIDAI, otherwise error message will be played to the caller.
- If the procedure is successful an OTP will be recieved on the Aadhaar registered mobile along with consent message.
- So caller can enters the OTP on the IVR. Other e-KYC details will be fetched automatically from UIDAI.
You can also register your mobile number with Aadhaar by visiting a nearest Aadhaar Kendra. To Locate your nearest one search here: