Aadhaar is a voluntary service that every resident can avail irrespective of present documentation. This is an article about the procedure and steps of “How to Link Mobile Number with Aadhaar Card Online”. You must register your mobile number in aadhaar database for many future functions. Providing a mobile number in aadhaar card will help to edit your details online when in need. For this you can choose:-
- Using aadhaar self service update portal online (to change mobile number)
- Postal method form submission (for those who did’t submit mobile number during enrollment process)
First mentioned online method requires aadhaar mobile verification. If you are changing your mobile number this method will help you. In case of lost mobile which is provided in your aadhaar card, you can also use this method and update with new number to your aadhaar card (after getting a duplicate SIM for the same number). The second method, Postal method form submission is applicable for only those who did’t submit mobile number during enrollment process. Read this post about procedure of adding mobile number in aadhaar card.
Step by Step Procedure
Using aadhaar self service update portal online to change mobile number
Aadhaar is a 12 digit individual identification number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India on behalf of the Government of India. This act as the proof of identity and address, anywhere in India. Using this online method not only change or edit mobile number but also you can correct name, address, Gender, date of birth etc. This method requires a valid mobile number to receive password for login
- Visit the official website of UIDAI (https://uidai.gov.in/).
- From home page click on “Aapka Aadhaar” option and you will be directed to a new page as shown below.
3. In this new page, you can see details regarding Aadhaar. Click on “Update your Aadhaar data” option (image shown below).
4. From a new page you can click on “Update Data Online (Click here)” option (see image below). If Resident is unable to locate the required Pin code/Village/Town/City/Post Office/District/State or is finding difficulty in local language transliteration, they may send their Update request through Post.
5. Now you are redirected to a new page in which shows option “To submit your update/ correction request online please CLICK HERE” Click on that and then need to complete 4more steps.
6. This is divided into 4 steps:-
Step 1 :- Login with Aadhaar. In stage one need to enter the Aadhaar number in the space and then text verification code in the box. Now click on “send OTP” button. You will receive One Time Password (OTP) on your mobile number. Enter the OTP in space provided and click on “Login”
Step 2 :- Once you login successfully, click on “Data update request”. Choose each field correctly and click on submit button.
Step 3 :- Documents upload. Here you have to upload various Documents to prove the requirement of update request.
Step 4 :- BPO Service Provider Selection. Choose BPO and submit the application form.
Step by Step Procedure
Postal method form submission for those who did’t submit mobile number during enrollment process
The procedure is same till step 3 of method 1. Then in Step 4, you have to click on “Aadhaar Data Update/Correction Form For Request Through Post” options. (see image below)
Now you will get a correction form as shown in the image below. Take a print out of this, fill and sent to any one of the the given address. While completing the form, choose:- Field for Update/Correction, Aadhaar No, Resident’s Name, gender, date of birth, address, spouse name, house, street, landmark, area, village, district, post office, state, pin code, mobile number, email, document details etc. Use capital letters only and Finally add your signature.
You have to sent the form to any one of the the given address. Once they received the post and changes done, you will get notification regarding the change.
Post Box No. 10,
Madhya Pradesh – 480001,
Post Box No. 99,
Hyderabad – 500034,