Mass Communication course rapidly acquired importance and become a major attraction for students all over the country. Indian Institute of Mass Communication is run by IIMC Society which is an autonomous body registered under the Societies Registration Act 1867. This Institute funded by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Govt. of India.
IIMC Inaugurated on August 17, 1965. Post-graduate Diploma Courses in Journalism in English and Oriya are being offered here. They also offer number of specialised short courses of one week to three months’ duration and now offers regular Post-graduate Diploma Courses.
IIMC journalism Admission and Entrance Exam 2016 – 2017
August 2016 to May 2017
Bachelor’s degree in any discipline. Those who have appeared/are appearing in final degree examinations are also eligible to apply
Date of Birth
1.8.1991 or later (for SCs/STs/PH 1.8.1986 or later and for OBC 1.8.1988 or later). (Five seats available in each Course for NRIs/NRI-sponsored candidates, for which a separate prescribed application form should be submitted.)
Reservation of Seats
As per Government of India Orders for SC/ST/PH/OBC candidates.
At Delhi : Limited accommodation only for outstation female Students . At Dhenkanal, Aizawl, Amravati, Jammu & Kottayam: Facilities for both male and female Students available or can be arranged.
29 May 2016 at New Delhi/ Ahmedabad/ Aizawl/ Bangalore/ Bhopal/ Bhubaneswar/ Chennai/ Guwahati/ Hyderabad/ Jammu/ Kolkatta/ Kochi/ Lucknow/ Mumbai/ Nagpur/ Patna/ Raipur/ Ranchi/ Srinagar centres. However, Entrance Examination for Odia Journalism (Course no.5) will be held on 30 May 2016 at Bhubaneshwar Centre only.
Last week of June/First week of July, 2016 For Course Nos. 1, 2, 3 & 4 – at New Delhi; For Course No. 5 – at Dhenkanal (Odisha)
1. Application forms can be purchased in person or by post. Application forms and prospectus can be obtained on payment of Rs. 1200/- for general category and Rs. 1100/- for SC/ST/OBC/PH category through a demand draft only, drawn on any scheduled bank payable to Registrar IIMC at New Delhi, from IIMC New Delhi or IIMC Dhenkanal (Odisha). Request for application forms should be accompanied by a Demand Draft & a self-addressed stamped (Rs. 70/-) envelope (27×17 cm).
2. For on-line Application process The application form can be downloaded from official website: www.iimc.gov.in Each application form must be accompanied by a Demand Draft of Rs. 1200/- for General & Rs.1100/- for SC/ST/OBC/Physically Handicapped categories and drawn in favour of Registrar, IIMC New Delhi on or before 6th May 2016.
3. Important : The sale of application forms will commence at IIMC New Delhi and IIMC Dhenkanal from 31st March 2016. Entrance Exam for Course Nos. 1 and 2 is common. There are separate application forms for all P.G Diploma Courses. Candidates who wish to apply for more than one Course will have to fill separate application forms for each Course they wish to apply for.
- Date of issue of application form is 31st March 2016
- Last date for issue of application forms is May 6th, 2016
- Completed application forms with DD should reach Registrar, IIMC, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi-110067, on or before May 6th, 2016
IIMC Course Details and Fee
For Further Information – Contact
- New Delhi – 011-26741073, 26741352, 26741062, Fax : 011-26742462,
- 26741268, Dhenkanal 06762-226194 & 226196, Fax: 06762-226195, 226197
- website : www.iimc.gov.in, Email: email@example.com