Passport Seva India – How to Get Passport in India
Passport Seva project aims at delivering Passport services to the Indian Citizens. The Influx of IT and Communication technology has made this option with faster delivery, accessibility. This also helps in providing latest services with up to date information. The Passport Seva project envisaged with public-Private-Partnership (PPP) with Tata Consultancy service as a part of private sector.
The basic objective of this Passport Seva service is to deliver services in time, and in a reliable manner. Passport is important for every person while traveling out of the country. Passport is an identity card that endorses your legitimate citizenship. If there is no valid passport you are not allowed to enter any country. Below enlists essential information you need,rules & regulations regarding passports, including the process for procuring a new passport and renewing an existing one.
How to Get Passport in India?
Passport application can be submitted through various ways besides delivering online services:-
1. District Passport cell
The filled application form and self-attested photocopies of the supporting documents (also bring original documents for verification) is submitted at DPC counter. DPC counter will check the application form, photograph and the documents. When it is verified and found to be complete according to rules, pay the fees in form of Demand Draft (DD). Then we have to collect acknowledgement letter after submitting fees which consists file number.
Apart from this other centers for passport can be submitted to,
- The Speed Post centers
- District Passport Cells
- Passport Collection Centers
2. Getting passport through Online services
How To Apply for a Passport Online?
- First of all Apply or register for the passport through the Passport Seva Online Portal. It is a form which is read by machine.
- Login to the Passport Seva Online Portal with your registered Login Id.
- Click “Apply for Fresh Pasport/Re-issue of Passport” link to apply for the passport. Fill the form and submit it.
- To schedule an appointment click on ” Pay and Schedule Appointment”. Payment can be made through one of the following modes: Credit/Debit Card (MasterCard and Visa), Internet Banking (State Bank of India (SBI) and Associate Banks and Other Banks), SBI Bank Challan.
- Print the application receipt that containing Application Reference Number (ARN)/Appointment Number by clicking “Print Application Receipt”.
- Visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK)/Regional Passport Office (RPO) where appointment has been booked, along with original documents of the applicant.
Documents required for passport application?
- Use black/blue ball pen only
- Use capital letters only. Particulars given in the form will be printed in the passport. Therefore, please be careful in filling up the form and avoid any mistakes.
- Do not fill the form with pencils or ink-pen.
- While filling up the boxes, kindly leave one box blank after each completed word.
- Write clearly within the box without touching the boundaries.
- Adjust the information to fit within the number of given boxes.
- Do not write anything outside the box. Avoid over-writing
- Incomplete application will not be accepted.
Along with the original application attested copies are to be attached. The illiterate candidate must put the thumb impression in the box meant for impression/signature.Then arises a question where to apply?The application must be submitted at the passport office,speed post centers,district passport cells,passport collection centers.
Important documents required for getting a passport is as follows:
1. Pan card or voter id card or driving license or ration card as nationality proof.
2. 10th class certificate ( as DOB proof)
3. Address proof (Issued by local authorities or Bank account which is operational for at least last 6 months or electricity bill on the name of the applicant)
4. Education certificate ( if the applicant is a student)
Furnish 7 identical photographs (black & white or color) , Size 35 mm x 35 mm Frontal view of full face against a light background; photos taken with colored or dark glasses and in uniform are not acceptable photographs pasted on the form and signed across partly on the photo and partly on the form, 2 photographs unsigned to be pasted on page 5 of the application form and one unsigned photograph on the Passport Application Registration Form
If the applicant is failing to provide above listed documents , then provide the electricity bill along with
1. Rent agreement (if its a rented house (agreement should be on the name of applicant))
2. Ration card ( If its own house on the name of mother(ration card holder)
3. Tatkaal Passport Services
Tatkaal passport service needs a specimen verification certificate and an affidavit should be given along with Tatkaal fee. All applicants should submit application, documentation, color photographs with white or light background with a specific fee. Police verification is entertained with the passport.
Tatkaal passport service is available with the following documents out of which three are photo identity documents besides these an Affidavit is also submitted on non judicial stamp duly attested by notary. Below list 14 documents which are required for submission
- Rations Cards
- Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC)
- SC/ST/ OBC Certificates
- Property Documents such as Pattas, Registered Deeds etc
- Freedom Fighter Identity Cards
- Service Identity Card issued by State/Central Government, Public Sector Undertakings, local bodies or Public Limited Companies
- Arms Licenses
- Pension Documents such as ex-servicemen’s Pension Book/Pension Payment order, ex-servicemen’s Widow/Dependent Certificates, Old Age Pension Order and Widow Pension Order
- Railway Identity Cards
- Income Tax Identity (PAN) Cards
- Identity Cards issued by Recognized Educational institution
- Driving Licenses
- Birth Certificates issued under the RBD Act
- Bank/ Kisan/Post Office Passbooks
- Income Tax Identity (PAN) Cards
All these documents are submitted original along with the self attested copies.
Passport availability in Kerala
Passport application is available from any of the passport offices or post offices or can be download from web site. It requires filled application form, proof of residence, proof of date of birth, necessary affidavits along with passport size photographs which can be submitted to the counter of the passport offices, speed post centers, district passport cells and passport collection centers. All Original certificates along with self-attested copies of all documents need to be attached.
Passport centers in Kerala
Kozhikode Passport Office
Bye Pass Road, Eranhipalam PO
Cochin Passport Office
Regional Passport office
Passport Office Building
Panampilly Nagar PO.
Mallapuram Passport Office
Actg. Passport Officer, Intercity Arcade
Down Hill Post
Thiruvanthpuram Passport Office
Passport Officer, SNSM Building
District Passport Cells are located at Idukki, Alleppey, Aluva, Trichur, Kottayam, Kavaratti, Wayanad, Kasaragod, Vatakara, Kannur, Malappuram, Palakkad, Kollam, Trivandrum Rural and Pathanamthitta.