Steps to Track Consignment Status Through India Post Service Portal
The Department of Posts (DoP) or generally the post office in India is a government operated postal system in India. It is one of the largest package and courier delivery service in India. Some of the services provided by Indian post offices are EMS Speed post, Business post, IMO, Letter post, deposit account, delivery, etc.
Speed Post or EMS Speed Post is a high-speed postal service offered by almost all governmental postal departments in each country. The Indian postal department has more than 150K post offices across India.
Steps To check your speed post status using India Post Service Portal,
- Open the link https://www.indiapost.gov.in/VAS/Pages/trackconsignment.aspx
- Enter consignment number given to you during parcel booking
- Click ‘Track’ button
- Now tracking results will be displayed
- If you want a full screen mode, you can press “Open in new window” link.
Consignment number will be given in the receipt that you accepted during the time of booking of speed post at the Post office.
Formats of consignment numbers are,
- Speed Post (EMS) Domestic – EK234567891IN
- Registered Mail – RX123456789IN
- International EMS Artilces to be delivered in India – EE223256789XX
- Express Parcel Post – XX000000000XX
- Electronic Money Order (eMO) – 000000000000000000
Types of item that can be tracked using this portal are,
- Registered Letter
- Insured Letter
- Express Parcel
- Express Parcel COD
- International Tracking India Post
- Value Payable Letter
- Insured Value Payable Letter
- Registered Packets
- Registered Periodicals
- Registered Parcel
- Electronic Money Order (e-MO)
- International EMS
- India Post Passport Tracking
- Business Parcel COD
- Electronic Value Payable Parcel (eVPP)
- Track Consignment India Post
You can also use Speed Post SMS Tracking service to check your speed post status. To track a speed post consignment number, for example, EK234567891IN you can send a message ‘POST TRACK EK234567891IN’ to 166 or to 51969 number.