Sundar Pichai – All You Need to Know About Google’s CEO
Sundar Pichai is the Google’s CEO from 2015. Earlier he was the Senior Vice President of Google. He is one of the most important executives at Google. He born at Chennai, Tamilnadu, India on 12th July 1972 to Tamil speaking parents Lakshmi & Regunatha Pichai. His father was the senior electrical engineer for the British conglomerate, GEC.
He also worked for the development of different apps like Gmail and Google Maps. He has done the famous demonstration of Chrome OS and the Chromebook. The open-sourcing of the new video codec VP8 by Google also announced by him. Later he introduced a new video format WebM.
Sundar Pichai Top Facts
- New CEO of Google
- He was born in 1972 (now 43 years old) and grew up in Chennai.
- Studied at IIT Kharagpur alumnus, and attended Stanford for MS and Wharton for his MBA.
- Joined Google in 2004
- He was behind the Google Chrome browser and the Chrome OS
- Started Google search tool bar
- His team launched the Google Chrome browser in 2008
- Larry Page’s right-hand man and even accompanied him when Google tried to acquire Nest
- Married and Has a Daughter and a Son
- Twitter tried to hire Pichai four years ago but Google Paid Millions to Keep Him From Leaving
- He has Net Worth of Multi Millions
- One of the top contenders for the top job at Microsoft
- He was the Android head in 2013, and later in 2014
- He is a soccer and chess lover and also a big cricket fan