Top 10 Orthopedic Surgeons in the World – Doctor Profile and Contact Details
An orthopedic surgeon, or orthopaedic surgeon, is a surgeon who is well educated and trained in the diagnosis, preoperative, operative, and postoperative treatment of diseases and injuries related to the musculoskeletal system.
The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery deals with orthopaedic sub specialties like adult reconstruction and joint replacement, sports medicine, spine surgery, surgery of the shoulder and elbow, surgery of the foot and ankle, orthopaedic trauma Surgery, pediatric orthopaedics, surgery of the hand and wrist, musculoskeletal tumor surgery, physical medicine and rehabilitation.
These Listed Orthopedic Surgeons have national and international presence in orthopaedic treatment and research. They are best to deal with the treatment of problems in infants, adolescents, middle-aged and older individuals. Here is the list of Top 10 Orthopedic Surgeons in the World with Doctor Profile and Contact Details. You can call the phone number to schedule an appointment with these doctors.
- Todd Albert, MD, Hospital for Special Surgery (New York)
- James Andrews, MD, Andrews Institute (Gulf Breeze, Fla)
- David Altchek, MD, Hospital for Special Surgery (New York)
- Asheesh Bedi, MD, University of Michigan (Ann Arbor)
- James Bradley, MD, Burke & Bradley Orthopedics (Pittsburgh)
- Thomas A. Brandon, MD, Peninsula Orthopaedic Associates (Salisbury, Md.)
- John Conway, MD, Orthopedic Specialty Associates (Fort Worth, Texas)
- Daniel Cooper, MD, Carrell Clinic (Dallas)
- Devin Datta, MD, The B.A.C.K. Center (Melbourne, Fla.)
- Sunil Dedhia, MD, Orthopaedic Specialists of Northwest Indiana (Munster)
1. Todd Albert, MD, Hospital for Special Surgery (New York)
Dr. Todd J. Albert is a world famous Surgeon-in-Chief, Chief Medical Officer and Korein-Wilson Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City. He is an expert in the field of orthopedic spine surgery deals with disorders of the cervical spine. He performs invasive surgical techniques and image-guided technologies for spinal disorders.
He worked as/works with following hospitals and institutions:-
- Hospital for Special Surgery, NewYork
- Chairman of the Department of Orthopedic Surgery
- Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at Weill Cornell Medical College
- President of The Cervical Spine Research Society
- President of the Scoliosis Research Society
- Chairman of the Department of Orthopaedics
- President of The Rothman Institute at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia.
He is the author of seven books and more than 40 book chapters and many articles. He graduated from Amherst College, University of Virginia School of Medicine. He then, completed his residency in orthopedic surgery at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and done a fellowship in spinal surgery at the Minnesota Spine Center.
2. James Andrews, MD, Andrews Institute (Gulf Breeze, Fla)
He is an expert in Sports Medicine Specialist and deals with all problems of Shoulder, Elbow and Knee. He complete his Medical School education from Louisiana State University School of Medicine and Residency from Tulane Medical School. Then he done his fellowship at University of Virginia Medical School and University of Lyon, Lyon, France.
He do all kinds of Orthopaedic Surgery and currently conducts research in Patellofemoral Compressive Force & Stress and Cruciate Ligament Between Back and Front Barbell Squats; Beach, Frost, Zheng, Ionno, Fleisig, Wilk, Paulos, & Andrews. He works with American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Arthroscopy Association of North America, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons,Washington Redskins, Auburn University, University of Alabama and Troy University. The Andrews Institute located in Gulf Breeze, Florida.
- Yamashiro, K., Paulos, L., & Andrews, J.R. Shoulder Muscle Activity and Function in Common Shoulder Rehabilitation Exercises. Sports Medicine, 39(8): 663-685, 2009.
- Andrews, J.R. Shoulder muscle recruitment patterns and related biomechanics during upper extremity sports. Sports Medicine, 39(7): 569-590, 2009.
- Fleisig, G.S., DeRenne, C., Taylor, M.K., Moorman, C.T., Imamura, R., Barakatt, E, & Andrews, J.R. A comparison of age level on baseball hitting kinematics. Journal of Applied Biomechanics, 25: 210-218, 2009.
- Dugas J, Ostrander R, Cain EL, Kingsley D, Andrews J: Anatomy of the Anterior Bundle of the Ulnar Collateral Ligament. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. Sep-Oct;16(5):657-60, 2007.
1040 Gulf Breeze Pkwy.
Gulf Breeze, FL
3. David Altchek, MD, Hospital for Special Surgery (New York)
Dr. David Altchek is world famous and Attending Orthopedic Surgeon and Co-Chief Emeritus in the Sports Medicine & Shoulder Service at Hospital for Special Surgery. He is the best author of over 100 articles and book chapters on problems of the shoulder, elbow, and knee. He worked as/works with following hospitals and institutions:-
- Medical Director for the New York Mets
- medical consultant for the NBA
- North American Medical Director for the Association of Tennis Professionals
- Team Physician for the U.S. Davis Cup tennis team
- Professor of Surgery in Clinical Orthopaedics at the Weill Cornell Medical College
His Specialty list includes Orthopedic Surgery, Sports Medicine(ACL reconstruction of the knee, knee arthroscopy), Arthroscopic Surgery of the Shoulder (Rotator Cuff Repair, Instability), Elbow(UCL reconstruction “Docking” procedure), Arthroplasty(Total Shoulder and Total Knee Replacement surgery) etc.
He received awards and honors like T. Campbell Thompson Award for Outstanding Achievement in Orthopaedic Surgery, Eastern Orthopaedic Association Fellowship Award, John Jay Award for Distinguished Professional Achievement, Charles S. Neer Award, American Shoulder & Elbow Surgeons, Named one of the top 250 Alumni, Columbia University and “Best Doctors in New York,” New York magazine, 2002-2015.
4. Asheesh Bedi, MD, University of Michigan (Ann Arbor)
Dr. Asheesh Bedi is the Harold and Helen W. Gehring Early Career Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery. He is an expert in arthroscopic and open surgery for athletic injuries of the shoulder, elbow, hip, and knee.He completed his undergraduate training at Northwestern University and graduated from the University of Michigan Medical School with AOA recognition.
He completed his residency training in Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Michigan. Then he has done his two-year fellowship in sports medicine and shoulder surgery at the Hospital for Special Surgery and Weill Cornell Medical College in New York. A dedicated training with Dr. Bryan Kelly in arthroscopic hip surgery for young athletes was a Turing point in his career. He received many awards and authored over one hundred articles, chapters and other publications on shoulder, elbow, knee, and hip injuries in athletes.
He also works as the:-
- Assistant Professor of Sports Medicine and Shoulder Surgery at the University of Michigan and MedSport Program
- Adjunct Assistant Professor at the Hospital for Special Surgery/Weill Cornell Medical College
- Team physician for the University of Michigan and Eastern Michigan University
- A consultant for the NFL and NHL Players Association
- Aassistant team physician for the New Jersey Nets professional basketball and New York Mets professional baseball organizations
- An orthopaedic consultant for the U.S. Open Tennis Tournament in 2007 and 2008
- Assistant team physician for Iona College Athletic Programs.
24 Frank LIoyd Wright Drive, Lobby A
P.O. Box 391
Ann Arbor, MI 48106
734-930-7400 / 877-877-9333 Toll Free
5. James Bradley, MD, Burke & Bradley Orthopedics (Pittsburgh)
Dr. James P. Bradley is a globally famous American Board-Certified Orthopedic surgeon. He is one of the best in sports medicine research and treatments. He published 152 peer reviewed articles, 50 medical textbook chapters and 397 guest lecturer presentations. He conducted various researches and worked as Clinical Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
He received many awards and honored as one among 65 Orthopedic Surgeons, top knee surgeon, 16 Standout North American Sports Knee Surgeons, top list of shoulder surgeons and 20 of the Top North American Shoulder Surgeons, Becker’s Spine Review’s “Top 55 surgeons in the country etc.
He received Hawk Rhea Award from the NFL for outstanding NFL Team Physician. He played a significant role in the lives and careers of the NFL’s players and treated thousands of athletes. Currently he is the Chairman of the National Football League’s Medical Research Peer Review Committee and also works with NFL injury and Safety Panel Committee.
He graduated from Penn State University. Then he completed his medical school training at Georgetown University School of Medicine. He joined the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine’s residency program for Orthopedic Surgery and worked with renowned Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic in Los Angeles for a Sports Medicine Fellowship. He is a Board-Certified Orthopedic Surgeon by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery.
He is a member of:-
- The American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- The American Orthopedic Association
- The American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons
- The Pennsylvania Orthopedic Society
- The Twentieth-Century Orthopedic Association
- The Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine
6. Thomas A. Brandon, MD, Peninsula Orthopaedic Associates (Salisbury, Md.)
Thomas A. Brandon, MD is a world famous Orthopaedic Surgeon specialized in Sports Medicine, Arthroscopy, Shoulder & Knee Reconstruction. He is the President, Peninsula Orthopaedic Associates, P.A. and Chief, Division of Orthopaedics, Peninsula Regional Medical Center. He also works as Orthopaedic Physician Consultant for the University of Maryland and the Medical Director of Athletic Training for Salisbury University
He is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon and one of the first surgeons to perform:-
- arthroscopic reconstruction of torn knee ligaments
- minimally invasive knee replacements
- arthroscopic repair of rotator cuff tears
- shoulder dislocations
- reverse total shoulder replacement procedure (Eastern Shore)
He is also famous as team physician for Wicomico County High Schools and the Delmarva Shorebirds. He completed his medical degree from the University of Tennessee Center for Health Sciences in Memphis. His internship completed at Bowman Gray School of Medicine at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Residency is completed in orthopaedic surgery. He also has a Certificate of Added Qualification(CAQ) in Sports Medicine.
Peninsula Orthopaedic Associates, P.A.
1675 Woodbrooke Drive, Salisbury, Maryland 21804, (410) 749-4154
7. John Conway, MD, Orthopedic Specialty Associates (Fort Worth, Texas)
John Conway, M.D. is a world famous doctor in sports medicine specially dealing with diagnosing and treating throwing injuries. He completed his bachelor’s degree from Baylor University in Waco, Texas. He completed his doctor of medicine from the University of Texas Medical School in Houston, Texas. Then he completed his internship at the University of Kentucky in Lexington, Ky..
The residency programm done via Fort Worth affiliated hospital program in Fort Worth, Texas. The fellowship done at the renowned Kerlan-Jobe Orthopedic Clinic in Los Angeles, Calif. He is an American Board of Orthopedic Surgery certified Orthopaedic Surgeon and worked as the physician for the Texas Rangers for 15 years.
He is the orthopedic consultant for the University of Texas at Arlington athletics and Fort Worth Cats professional baseball team. He is a member of Texas Health Physicians Group and works as a medical director for Ben Hogan Sports Therapy Institute at Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth.
Dr. Conway is a diplomat/fellow/member of the following:-
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- fellow American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- fellow American College of Surgeons
- active member American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons
- active member American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine
- active member Arthroscopy Association of North America
- emeritus member Major League Baseball Team Physicians Association.
8. Daniel Cooper, MD, Carrell Clinic (Dallas)
Dr. Cooper is a world famous doctor in the field of sports medicine and injuries to the knee and shoulder. He deals with issues of athletes; professionals, collegiate, high school and recreational to restore stability and joint function in young athletic individuals. Dr. Cooper is the head team physician for the Dallas Cowboys Football Team. He worked with Dallas Stars Hockey Team (1993-2011) and worked as a physician in professional sports for over 30 combined seasons. He has published over 40 scientific articles and book chapters.
He is an expert in:-
- Minimally invasive arthroscopic and reconstructive surgical techniques for the knee and shoulder
- treatment of complex knee ligament injuries involving injury to the anterior cruciate, posterior cruciate and collateral ligaments
- He is an inventor and co-developer of the new Single Portal Arthroscopy system (Stryker Endoscopy)
He worked as a consultant to Real Madrid Club Futbol in Liga BBVA of the Spanish Premier Division and serves as an independent consultant to numerous collegiate and professional teams. He received 2013 Jerry “Hawk” Rhea Award as outstanding team physician in the NFL, Excellence in Research Award from the American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine for his post-graduate research etc.
He attended the University of Tennessee on full athletic scholarship. He received an early acceptance to UT Southwestern Medical School in Dallas and elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha honor medical society. He completed his Orthopedic Sports Medicine Fellowship at Cornell University’s Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City and trained on both the Sports Medicine Knee and Shoulder Services.
Dallas, TX 75231
9. Devin Datta, MD, The B.A.C.K. Center (Melbourne, Fla.)
Devin K. Datta, MD is popular Orthopaedic & Spine Surgeon with Board Certification from American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. He completed Daniel E. Hogan Spine Fellowship, Harvard University, Beth Israel Hospital, Departments of Orthopaedics and Neurosurgery, Boston Massachusetts Fellowship Spine Surgery during 8/2000-7/2001.
He attended University of Missouri-Kansas City, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Residency during 07/1996-06/2000. During 07/1995-06/1996 he attended Creighton University School of Medicine, Department of Surgery and completed Surgical Internship.
His Experience List Includes:-
- President, Brevard County Medical Society Melbourne, FL
- Chairman – Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Holmes Regional Medical Center, Melbourne, FL
- Spine Surgeon, The B.A.C.K. Center, Melbourne, Florida
- Orthopaedic Sports and Spine Associates, private practice
- Spine Fellowship Harvard, Beth Israel Deaconess, Boston
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Surgical Internship, Creighton University, Omaha, N.E.
Brevard Orthopaedic Spine & Pain Clinic, Inc
10. Sunil Dedhia, MD, Orthopaedic Specialists of Northwest Indiana (Munster)
Dr. Sunil Dedhia is a Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon with an added qualification in Sports Medicine. Dr. Dedhia utilizes advanced techniques in arthroscopy and minimally invasive surgery to treat disorders of the shoulder, knee, elbow, wrist, hand, foot and ankle.
He understands the importance of establishing a trusting physician-patient relationship that promotes working together as a team toward the goal of full recovery. He deals with Sports Medicine, General Orthopedics, Arthroscopic and Minimally Invasive Surgery, Upper Extremity, Lower Extremity, Knee Replacement, Work-Related Injuries and Conditions.
List of his Certifications & Licensure are:-
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery
- TX State Medical License
- IL State Medical License
- IN State Medical License
He completed his Residency , Orthopedic Surgery from McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University and Fellowship , Sports Medicine from Baylor College of Medicine. He attended his Medical School at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine.