Best Electric Cars in India
Indian car Industry has been developing so much. But the scarcity and high price of petroleum products are the main problem. To eliminate this problem, several electric cars have been launched recently by different companies in India. Electric cars are driven by one or more electric motors, using energy stored in rechargeable batteries. The first electric car was manufactured by Thomas Parker in London in 1884 by using his own specially designed high-capacity rechargeable batteries. Today different companies are producing electric cars with good features and quality.
Here is the list of best electric cars in India. They are the most popular electric cars not only in India but also worldwide. From our list you can see that some of the electric cars are upcoming electric cars in india 2018 with Price details.
Tesla Model X Electric Car
Renault Zoe E-Sport Electric car
Mahindra e2o Plus Electric
Tesla Model X Electric Car
Tesla Model X is not only one of the best electric car but also a sport utility vehicle (SUV) that use a body on frame. That means the body is built separately from the frame and placed together later. Model X has five, six and seven seat configuration.
This car comes with Falcon Wing doors and it has the ability to open with flair even in the tightest of parking spaces. These doors can articulate on two hinges while dynamically adjusting its opening and closing angles. Model X delivers Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive from zero to 60 mph in 2.9 seconds.
Features of Tesla Model X
- Battery 100 kWh
- Model X comes with BlackVue’s newest Full HD DR650S 2-channel dashcams
- It has Falcon Wing doors
- Its front doors automatically open
- There are metal clips behind the plastic rear-view mirror housing
- 5000 pounds IB Towing Limit
- 713 IB ft Torque
Expected Price in India: Around Rs 48 lakh to Rs 83 lakh
BMW i8 Electric Car
BMW i8 is hybrid sports car that comes with a carbon-fiber and ceramic trim interior. It is an plug-in hybrid that make use of eDrive technology to combine the efficiency of an all-electric motor and the power of a TwinPower Turbo engine. The featured packages and options are Mega world, Giga world, Tera world and Pure impulse experience. i8 is one of the best electric car in India.
Features of BMW i8 car
- 7.1 kWh high voltage lithium-ion battery
- BMW TwinPower Turbo 3-cylinder
- Mileage 47.45 kmpl
- It can accelerate from a dead-stop to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 4.4 seconds
- Equipped with Electric Power Steering, Airbags for driver, Passenger and Side, ABS, etc.
- Up to 76 MPGe fuel efficiency
- Takes only Two and a half hours to charge
- Offers a max range of up to 15 miles and a max speed of 75 mph
BMW i8 electric car price in India: Rs. 92,11,299/-
Renault Zoe E-Sport Electric car
Renault Zoe E-Sport car is an electric car which is the extension of Zoe electric cars. The car has satin blue bodywork that is inspired by the Renault e.dams single seater livery, touches of yellow, C -Shape lighting signature and the Renault diamond.
The powerful and controlled two electric engines will use high capacity permanent magnet technology to achieve total power. These engines use two batteries that allow full power to be achieved. The pilot can choose from four driving modes, depending on whether they priorities sportiness or driving range.
Features of Renault Zoe E-Sport
- Total power of engine is 340 kW, around 460 hp
- 450 kg lithium ion battery with storage capacity of 40 kW
- Comes with E -Sports twin electric motor that has 454bhp with 472lb ft.
- The air and water cooling system will helps to maintain correct temperature for electronics and batteries
- 640 Nm torque
- It can reach 100 km/h in 3.2 seconds and a top speed of 210 Km/h in under 10 seconds.
Renault Zoe E-Sport car price in India: Rs. 30,31746/-
Mahindra e2o Plus
Mahindra e2o Plus comes standard with advanced 3 phase AC induction motors that can power 19 KW at 3500 RPM and a torque of 70 nm at 1050 rpm. This model has 3 configurations of Mahindra e2o Plus P4, Mahindra e2o Plus P6, and Mahindra e2o Plus P8. It comes with the features of Reverse Camera, Easy Home Charging, and Small Turning Radius. The front brake has comes with Ventilated Disc and the rear brake is a drum model.
This e20 Plus model car is powered by a 72V battery back, which extends its claimed range to 140km. It comes with iEMS technology that can regularly share health reports with the Mahindra experts and help you solve a problem before it happens. The body of this car is a hatchback type which brings the seating capacity of 4.
Features of Mahindra e2o Plus
- It gets a 300mm longer wheelbase
- The battery powers a motor with a peak output of 41hp at 3,500rpm and 91Nm at 2,500rpm
- There is a Disc brake on the front and drum brake on the back
- City mileage is 80 km/liter
Expected Price of Mahindra e2o will be around: Rs 5.46 lakh to Rs 8.46 lakh
Volkswagen e-Golf comes standard with advanced hardware capable of providing Enhanced features today. The regenerative braking of this car slows a vehicle or object by converting its kinetic energy into a form which can be either used immediately or stored until needed. It comes with the capacity of caring 5 passengers.
The battery pack of this car is made of 24 cells in total. The whole battery pack makes 35.8 kWh of power. With the 8 inch touch screen of this car helps in navigation that supports voice control and an SD card reader. The Available Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) of it helps maintain a preset distance from the car in front of you.
Features of Volkswagen e-Golf
- It comes with a regenerative braking.
- There is a Rear View Camera System, LED taillights, Composition Media touch screen sound system and Parking Steering Assistant (Park Assist)
- The electric engine has 100KW 134HP Electric -inc: 35.8 kWh lithium-ion battery.
We havn’t considered the price of electric cars, these cars may be high pricing because of latest technology other than petrol/diesel cars. Kindly reply your suggestion or reviews below, so that we can make changes in our top list of electric cars. Maruthi will launch electronic cars by 2020 and expecting its upcoming maruti electric cars in india cost will be lesser than all other cars in market and will get wide acceptance due to low cost maintenance charges.