Reliance Jio 4G Plan’s impact has just started and other operators now offering discounts and new schemes over data usage to compete with Jio. Few daysback Reliance Jio announced aggressive tariff plans for data and offered voice calls for free. Now the well known Vodafone India, the country’s second-biggest operator also offering 20GB of data for R998 per month.
This special scheme is available in Gujarat circle and this is about 33% discount to Reliance Jio’s offer of R1,499 a month. Vodafone India is also offering free calls as a part of the plan. But this is allowed only within its network for a limited period. Company also double the data for consumers subscribing to data for 1Gb or more in its 4G network.
Vodafone India offering three months free access to television, movies and videos on its Vodafone Play app store. This is available for consumers migrating to its 4G services. Vodafone India plans to expand this special scheme to the entire state of Gujarat within few months. Now the facility available in Surat only.
Gujarat is the latest circle of Vodafone India for 4G launch for the local unit. Earlier they have launched facilities in Kerala, Karnataka, Kolkata, Delhi & NCR, Mumbai, Haryana & Uttar Pradesh East. With the launch of cheap Jio, Vodafone India tries to reach more customers by offering top-end services at competitive prices.
Current Vodafone Internet Plans
- Rs 100 per month for 3G/4G of 300MB data. Post exhaustion, will be charged at 4p/10KB.
- 1GB plan at Rs 299 and will be charged 50p/MB post exhaustion
- 1GB plan at Rs 250 and will be charged at Rs 4p/10KB post exhaustion
- The b plans cost Rs 450 and Rs 499
- 3GB monthly data at Rs 650 and 4GB data at Rs 750.
- The 5GB monthly plan costs Rs 850
- 8GB plan at Rs 1,250
- 12GB data plan at Rs 1,599.